Can't find the date

I have a new Superb, but so far have been unable to discover how to make it show the date; all I get is the hour. Surely there must be a way - pretty well every car in the world will show the date!!

It is nightmare for me... I need date from time to time and since I don't have watch, I used to get it from cell phone or car. Now, it is not possible since car doesn't have date?! and cell phone is in Remote SIM mode, impossible to do anything with it. So I have to turn off car or cell phone in order to find out date. It is impossible for me to disconnect Nokia 6700 from Skoda, it takes forever and phone blocks. It is OK when car is turned off or when I turn off car.

Was it so hard to put date on Maxi Dot? There is so much empty space and lack of information there...

You cant since the date is not stored anywhere as its not used by any system at all. The columbus does have the date set in its memory, but its only used internally for the GPS navigation. You can display the currently set date on the columbus screen from the setup menu. If the date is set correctly in the columbus then it can acquire a GPS fix faster using the celestial data obtained from the satellites.

Well I never! My Citroen C3 has a date facility, my previous 6 cars all had this facility, I suspect some of the cheapest and nastiest cars in the world have this facility, and yet my wonderful, expensive, much vaunted, top-of-the-range, all-singing all-dancing Skoda Superb doesn't. It's a bit like buying a BMW and discovering that it hasn't a rear view mirror. Poor show, Skoda! Maybe the car should be called the Skoda Fairly Good But Limited?

• Like 1

Well I never! My Citroen C3 has a date facility, my previous 6 cars all had this facility, I suspect some of the cheapest and nastiest cars in the world have this facility, and yet my wonderful, expensive, much vaunted, top-of-the-range, all-singing all-dancing Skoda Superb doesn't. It's a bit like buying a BMW and discovering that it hasn't a rear view mirror. Poor show, Skoda! Maybe the car should be called the Skoda Fairly Good But Limited?

So just because it doesn't display the date limits how good you judge it to be? I have owned one vehicle that displayed the date and that was only when the ignition was switched on or when the radio was off. I wonder what your previous 6 cars were, because none of the other cars I've owned display it!

I didn't even think about considering this as a factor to influence my decision to buy a Superb and imo, it doesn't detract in the slightest from the overall ownership experience.

Hello Huddersfield member. Thank you for the interesting information about one of your previous cars. And thanks also for explaining that you don't care if a car displays the date or not. And finally, thanks for pointing out how silly it is for me to like a car a bit less just because it lacks a feature that I value.

I stand corrected.

Maybe having the date displayed in the car is a valued feature to some people

BUT I would imagine the vast majority of drivers wouldn't care if it's present or not.

Just my opinion of course....

Nice to know citroen C3's have this feature... Perhaps it's a French thing?

Variable service might use date... it says mileage and days left.

Most cars have, Audi A4, C4 Picasso...can't remember on older cars. I didn't need date on rent-a-car, so haven't paid attention. But I think it was rude to omit that functionality. If board computer has time, it has everything needed to have a date as well... but someone was lazy to implement that.

I've change my habits, so I look on cellphone for date before I turn on engine. And every time I do it I'll hate that guy who decided it Skoda didn't need it.

I don't think it makes Skoda bad, or worse than others and it is almost insignificant comparing to my overall satisfaction with Superb... but there is no good explanation why date is missing...

Many cars do - can't remember if my Octy does? Audi's do.

Having checked there is nothing in the owners manual regarding date nor the Bolero or Swing manuals.

If you have Columbus, press the Setup range selector and then System function key - from here you will be able to change the time & date.

However, there is a note which states: “Time†and “Date†settings need only be carried out manually under certain circumstances. Time and date will normally be accepted automatically from the vehicle into the unit.

This suggests that the date is held somewhere within the vehicle? Possibly ECU.