Been Pulled 3 times this year for my rear end !

I go with tintless lights, as tints are not to my taste.

:thumbup: for the number plate surround.

he plates look like they are metal pressed plates, I really do like those, unfortunately, if the scammeras or the ENPR cant read them then they will be clsssed as illegal, ( so why dont they make the machines able to read the plates, the plates were here 1st ).

Can anyone explain how these reflective laws work for cars with the pressed whit on black plates ( pre these plastic ones) ?

Does the number plate include the information mentioned below?

'The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: the British Standard Number, the name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier, the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.'

Does the number plate include the information mentioned below?

'The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: the British Standard Number, the name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier, the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.'

To avoid going round this loop again, I believe it does. See the the few hundred results on this and this thread dedicated to legality of dubmaster plates.

Plate in first pic definitely illegal due to logo.

Sorry but whenever I end up behind a car with lights that look that dark I back off and get worried that I won't see the brake lights. I've seen a good fair share of tints so dark you have to struggle to see the stop lights.

Agree with the lights, no reflectors visible not legal, but the number plate might be illegal because the raised lettering appears to reflect also which could cause problems with some speed cameras.

Wiper removal? Why? Removal of a helpful useful and danger removing item just seems unbelievably crazy imo. Looks odd too,but hey, it's his car.

As for the rest, including this 'de-badging' nonsense and that dreadful vRS replacement badge .............. :rofl::thumbdown:

As I said though. His money, his car, his right to do what he wants to it I suppose.

Edited by Mr Ree

The Fabia has a tendency to kick muck all up the rear screen, and no wiper might present a challenge in the rain. I like the clean look without the wiper, but appreciate its functionality.

Thanks for all the comments criticisms (thought mostly criticisms :'( ).

Anyway the car passed its MOT, which it did last year with the same tints (but not the number plates) but also with stuck on reflectors.

As for being pulled over its mainly for the number plates, they are 3D Carbon Domed Gel letters which after pointing out that they are of the required font and spacing and that there is nothing on the DVLA website saying that they can’t be raised they then point out that I should not have the VRS/Skoda logo on the plate anyway (seems to be a grey area about raised letters which is a point Jason is talking about). Of the three times I’ve been stopped only one of the Officers noticed that you can’t see the reflector through the tints, they were mainly complaining about that they are not bright enough. Having said that at a meet this year some members compared mine to some standard lights and they all thought that mine were brighter! (Due to some custom led setup behind the lens).

Just to answer some of the point brought up in this thread.

Yes it is a reversing camera (thanks Steve :thumbup: ) which allows me to get as close as an inch from the car behind me, great for reversing into very tight spaces.

Well spotted that man, Yes they are sanded down but not from the inside but from the outside with 2000 grit wet and dry to create a matt finish which diffused the led’s better.

Never thought about people not being able to see though my rear window in traffic, but then again they can see less when I’m driving a van B)

De-wiper dangerous? Always use rain-x on the rear which does a good job and it does get cleaned fairly frequently. If I’m not mistaken there are a few standard production cars without a rear wiper the new Honda Civic iirc.

You are allowed GB Euro and/or National Flags on the number plate. Yeah Ryan I remember you car well and I think the rear light tints suited it well :thumbup: (way better than mine).

You might be right Wardy about the plate doesn't meet the British Standard required for reflectivity due to the raised letters.

The number plate is so low due to a c**kup with my positioning of the rear view camera. :thumbdown:

All Red don’t know about that one. Red tinted indicators and reversing lights, at least the dark tint reduces the light output which can be compensated for.

Funny enough the offending number plate does include the BS number, name and post code of the supplying company but you can’t see it due to the number plate surround covering it. Funny enough not one of the Police Officers checked for it.

Dreadful vRS replacement badge, PastyBoy gonna be happy about that one :rofl: (Sorry Cliff)

Anyway I live in an area where there are 5 SE’s local to me, and I like my individuality so I will be ordering some subtle tint Lamin-x to recover the rear lights just to reduce the light output.

5 Brake lights, 4 side lights, 4 indicators, 4 reversing and 2 fogs brighter than normal need a bit of tinting.

Plus I want to be different !! B)

PS on the last stop the Office was very concerned about my age on the Driving Licence so much so that he phone it though to double check. Perhaps he thought I was too old to have a boy racer/ chavtastic car – could have well been part the Style Police :rofl:B)

Cheers All

Karl :thumbup: