2007 1.4 Roomster 2

Hello I have a few questions regarding my new car.....

Does this model actually have 'cornering lights'?

The 'cornering light' alarm is in illuminated, indicating a fault - anybody got any ideas on this? Anything I can do?

Where can I obtain a sunglasses holder and centre arm rest?

Whats the best Skoda parts website for Uk delivery?

Can anybody recommend a southeastern window tinter?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Hello I have a few questions regarding my new car.....

Does this model actually have 'cornering lights'?

The 'cornering light' alarm is in illuminated, indicating a fault - anybody got any ideas on this? Anything I can do?

Where can I obtain a sunglasses holder and centre arm rest?

Whats the best Skoda parts website for Uk delivery?

Can anybody recommend a southeastern window tinter?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Cornering lights.......I think these were just the fog light on the inside comming on....if you turn left, then the left foglight came on automatically to light up the "dead" patch......don't know if yours has them

Skoda dealership for armrest etc...make sure you get the correct colour code fo the arm rest tho'

B)

Hi Barnet and welcome to the Forum.

Make sure you sit in a Roomy with an armrest before you buy. (Dealer showroom perhaps?)

Many on here dislike the armrest. I believe it interferes with operation of the handbrake.

Try doing a search. HTH

Rob

The armrest on our Roomster was a waste of money IMO, as mentioned by Robjon, it gets in the way of the handbrake.

BTW, why do you only want the southeastern window tinted?

Make sure you sit in a Roomy with an armrest before you buy. (Dealer showroom perhaps?)

Many on here dislike the armrest. I believe it interferes with operation of the handbrake.

Try doing a search. HTH

Rob

The armrest does make it a bit more difficult to use the handbrake but you do get used to working round it. I tend to keep mine up for local driving but I wouldn't be without it on a long journey. It's also extra storage.

but I wouldn't be without it on a long journey.

Long journey.....on Gurnsey????? Isn't that a contradiction????? :giggle: Sorry...couldn't resist!!!

Was hoping the arm rest would be more beneficial than hassle. Do you have to move it to use the handbrake? I only want it to put my elbow and arm on so perhaps you can suggest other places to rest my arm......!

Southeastern window tinters......very good, didn't see that one!

Edited by Barnet

You can use the handbrake with it there, but its quite awkward, on mine its been in the "up" position for most of the three years we've had the car... My old Princess has arm rests and doesn't suffer the same problem, progress, eh!

Try doing a search. HTH

Rob

I agree. Mine is always up too. I don't like it at all but it was in standard equipment. Plus it gave me another problem.

Every time i was entering the car, driver's seat was squeeking. We (me and my dealer) were about to change the seat under warranty. Accidentally i found out that the squeeking existed because the driver's seat outer cushion's side (sorry but i can't describe it better) was touching the armrest's plastic side and the friction caused the squeek sound. Solution : I applied Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick at armrest's plastic side, which is also perfect for stopping rattling from doors and windows.

Edited by stratosg

Long journey.....on Gurnsey????? Isn't that a contradiction????? Sorry...couldn't resist!!!

is thst any journey you get out of 2nd gear?

No contradiction. I keep it up at home and down when away. I do 2000 or 3000 miles in France and UK most years and my left arm and shoulder soon ache without the arm rest. I think it's well worth having as it's no problem up and very useful when down.

Oh and I'm in 5th gear often and 6th occasionally over here.

Edited by Calomax

Am I right in thinking these are about £120? I've had a sniff around the internet and have found some cheaper armrests so I'll get a cheaper (£60) compatible one. This way, if its no good for me then I'll remove it and I'll have only wasted £60 or so as opposed £120.

Where's the best place to keep an iPhone in the Roomster? I can't work out the optimum position to place it.

I use it as a GPS/satnav so would like to see the screen while driving, while still being charged from the 12v socket. Any ideas?

Does anyone have an iPhone mount that they've hard wired in so to charge in in the cradle without any wires around the gear stick/hand brake?

Thanks for your help.