86hp and 105hp TSI

I think I read somewhere that 86 has standard turbo and 105 has variable geometry turbo, maybe different fuel injectors.

As far as I know the only petrol car with variable geometry turbo is the current Porsche 911 Turbo.

That will change with the new 220bhp 1.6TSi Vag engine.

Cheers

Lee

Don't know any mechanical differences except oil volume, 105ps has 3.6litres, the 86ps has 2.4litres same as the 1.2htp?

Must be some differences as there is more oil in the 105ps version..

None mechanically AFAIK.

More potent map on the 105 and I believe a bigger sump and I think the 85 might have a slightly smaller or more restricted air filter too (the one inside the 105`s airbox is a HUUUUUGE big cylindrical thing thats about half as big again as a loo roll and looks like its covered in cotton wool.)

• 3 months later...

I have two questions, does the 1.2TSI has aluminum od cast iron engine block and I read on vwortex.com that 2.0TSI has a system that keeps cooling down the engine after it has been turned off, and my 1.2TSI when turned off keeps humming for some time(30seconds to couple of minutes) when it is very hot outside, you can hear it when you open the bonnet and listen to it carefully, at the moment when the humming stops you can hear like water bubbling for a second and it stops, so I wonder does anyone know if 1.2TSI has the same system that cools the engine down after switching it off when its hot.

I have two questions, does the 1.2TSI has aluminum od cast iron engine block and I read on vwortex.com that 2.0TSI has a system that keeps cooling down the engine after it has been turned off, and my 1.2TSI when turned off keeps humming for some time(30seconds to couple of minutes) when it is very hot outside, you can hear it when you open the bonnet and listen to it carefully, at the moment when the humming stops you can hear like water bubbling for a second and it stops, so I wonder does anyone know if 1.2TSI has the same system that cools the engine down after switching it off when its hot.

I read After a long run or hot engine there is a water pump to cool the turbo after turn off