Service plan on offer by my garage, any good ?

When I collocted my car they offered me the below, is it good value from your experience ?

For £445 you get 3 x 10,000 mile services including oil & oil filter.

What else would a service require other than the above on the (2011 - New) car ?

I am tempted but just wondered if this good value or not, let me know what you think.

Cheers

Mark

p.s. i am happy with the 10,000 mile service (not too bothered about the variable) with my current mileage.

When I ordered my new car the dealer offered the fixed price servicing, but when I looked at the cost I am already paying less from the same dealer for my servicing than what they quoted for the fixed price servicing :wonder:

Do all dealers offer different deals?

When I collected my new car I was told about a service plan, but it meant I'd have to get my car serviced every 10,000 miles and it covered three of these.

I tend to put a fair few miles on my car, so really I wanted Variable Servicing as I'd expect to get somewhere between 15k - 20k between services.

When I asked was told fixed servicing only.

I also collected my new car on Saturday and my dealer has quoted me £360 for 3 years or 3*10000mile services. I don't know if your car being a Diesel makes a difference.

What dealer was this as i pick mine up on monday from broxburn and this sounds like not too bad a deal.

What dealer was this as i pick mine up on monday from broxburn and this sounds like not too bad a deal.

purplesweetie you could have a point. I picked mine up from a dealer in Southampton. Does anybody konw if there is that much of a difference between petrol & deisel servicing to warrant an £80 swing? Is the oil or filter that much difference in cost ?

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

Mark

Not sure about Petrol vRS, but my Diesel vRS cost £159 for it's first service at 18,300 miles. I supplied the oil. This was done by Freebournes in Southampton who are still an authorised Skoda Service Agent. Service was excelent.

Chris

I have just been quoted £160 for my variable service including the oil and that will be at approx 18k so after 30k i will have only paid £160 :giggle: