28mm / 32mm Neuspeed rear anti roll bar

Hi all,

As I'm upgrading my front end with a 23mm anti roll bar (VW R32) I'm possibly going to be upgrading my rear bar to the Neuspeed 28mm (solid) or 32mm bar (hollow)...... Currently it's the Eibach 25mm.

Is their anyone else running this setup (23mm front & 28mm/32mm rear) if yes, how does it drive/feel?

Steve

I've the newspeed on the hearse and it does make a big difference to the handling. Its also very easy to install provided you have the eintire rear of the car on ramps/axle stands. I haven't yet upgradedd the arb on the front (although am running the modified part from the dealers (original bushes went and couldn't get replacement ones without a new arb)

i run a 23mm front arb and a 28mm rear autotech arb, and they match perfectly.

I thought the eibach was perfect, but the 28mm autotech is just better, it mounts in a better way, is lighter and is stiffer.

i think 32mm for road use might be a little too much tbh, you just wont be able to tell before breakaway

I think Oet worries about breakaway points too much ! :giggle:

With a ATB in the equation I think you can push into the breakaway point quite hard

I know my car has a different suspension, but I thought it was more than stiff enough ARB-wise with its track oriented H&R's

Now I have a diffs + blue haldex + cast wishbones, I wonder if even thicker ARBs' might help

no the atb wont stop the back end coming round however if pushed too far!!!

28mm is right balance against the 23mm, otherwise i recon you would want a 25mm front against the 32 mm rear!

25mm front against the 32 mm rear

sounds about right for a car with a atb :thumbup:

Nice stiff lateral stability, but not too hard a setting on the dampening to allow the wheels to follow the terrain

keep the car nice and flat allowing you work the diff & control torque steer

28mm mate, if you go for the same setup as me its spot on. Nice and flat and flies round corners.

Back end steps out when pushed hard and doesn't take much in rain so the 32mm will be too much.

For a road car with the odd track in there 23mm and 28mm is spot on with weitecs.

You won't regret it ste!

Billy

Sorted then, I’m going for the 28mm Neuspeed.

The 32mm Neuspeed might be bigger in diameter but torsional rigidity is the same as the 28mm due to it being hollow, only advantage is it is much lighter than the 28mm bar.

Off topic slightly now....

How much should I sell the bar for?? Needless to say it is immaculate with no scratches or marks on it. It was around £175 when I bought it 3 ½ years ago - new they're around £210 now!

Thanks for your input guys, that's why I love this website, you get straight answers and no bull$hit!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Steve :)

good good,

I got my neuspeed for £150 and it was in very good condition.

should get more than that tho, I was lucky I think and I was working too. come the morning it would of sold so glad I got in early lol

:thumbup:

had several offers on my eibach of £150, they are worth this as they are a hard bar to get hold of and are much better quality than the whiteline bars.

Why dont you get an autotech bar steve? better fit than the neuspeed..

Hollow bars work as well, they have varying wall thickness to deal with the flex and make up for lack of actual solid material