Koni FSD dampers for Roomster

As we all know the Roomster uses the front end from the Fabia and the back axle from a MKI Octavia Estate......so how come no FSD damper kits from Koni yet they make FSD damper kits for both of those cars!! The answer I got from Koni UK was that they will not release a kit until they have tested it on a car! And it is not "in the pipeline"!!

CURRENT DAMPER LIST FOR ROOMSTER 06-11

1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.4TDi, 1.9TDi excl. Scout

KONI Special: Before fitting the dampers have to be adjusted one full turn (fr & rr)

Special (rear only)80-2815

STR.T 8750-1004 (front), 8050-1017 (rear)

Sport 8710-1404 Sport (front), 80-2815 Sport (rear)

These codes match up with the same for the front of a Fabia and the back of a MKI Octavia Estate!

BUT....Koni UK can get a "replacement pair" of dampers for each axle...so they can supply a "made up" unoffical kit using the pairs of dampers from the respective car kits. B)

FSD FRONT DAMPERS (Pair) for Fabia code no. 8745-1069

FSD REAR DAMPERS (Pair) for MKI Octavia Estate code no. 8045-1083

Total cost inc. vat @20% = £626.16 approx

Please double check with Koni UK and try to pressure them to make an FSD kit by emailing them at.

[email protected]

http://www.koni.uk.com/home/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=3

Edited by fabdavrav

As we all know the Roomster uses the front end from the Fabia and the back axle from a MKI Octavia Estate......so how come no FSD damper kits from Koni yet they make FSD damper kits for both of those cars!! The answer I got from Koni UK was that they will not release a kit until they have tested it on a car! And it is not "in the pipeline"!!

CURRENT DAMPER LIST FOR ROOMSTER 06-11

1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.4TDi, 1.9TDi excl. Scout

KONI Special: Before fitting the dampers have to be adjusted one full turn (fr & rr)

Special (rear only)80-2815

STR.T 8750-1004 (front), 8050-1017 (rear)

Sport 8710-1404 Sport (front), 80-2815 Sport (rear)

These codes match up with the same for the front of a Fabia and the back of a MKI Octavia Estate!

BUT....Koni UK can get a "replacement pair" of dampers for each axle...so they can supply a "made up" unoffical kit useing the pairs of dampers from the respective car kits. B)

FSD FRONT DAMPERS (Pair) for Fabia code no. 8745-1069

FSD REAR DAMPERS (Pair) for MKI Octavia Estate code no. 8045-1083

Total cost inc. vat @20% = £626.16 approx

Please double check with Koni UK and try to pressure them to make an FSD kit by emailing them at.

[email protected]

http://www.koni.uk.com/home/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=3

hi i was going to look at lowering the roomster my mate said that kw do lowering springs for the roomy there are about 160.00 quid i think

would look nice i think pete

hi i was going to look at lowering the roomster my mate said that kw do lowering springs for the roomy

Yes I am aware of other springs etc.......but this is about the fact that there is an "unoffical" kit of the elusive Koni FSD damper for the Roomster!!! As these dampers are about the best on the market if you want to have comfort...yet reduce body roll around corners, reduce brake dive, etc.. B)

Edited by fabdavrav

• 2 weeks later...