Paint Blemish

guys, ive had my vrs for 2 weeks now and whilst cleaning it last weekend i noticed a circular patch on the black roof that appears as though the lacquer has come off???

is the best thing to do to take it to the dealer, or are they gonna claim ive had bird crap there or something??

It's only two weeks old so any paint problems shouldn't be an issue. Laquer shouldn't come off that easy even with bird poo on it for a few days. These water based resin paints are fairly good now and I doubt you will get any arguements from the dealer. Let us all know how you get on though.

hi mate took mine back with small scratches, all done now no arguments from the dealers, so take it back mate.

i would note even talk to enybody on here about it i be straight back to the dealers pron tow

When we got the polo we had serious orange peel on the arches. no argement at all from the realer. Just stick to your guns...

guys, ive had my vrs for 2 weeks now and whilst cleaning it last weekend i noticed a circular patch on the black roof that appears as though the lacquer has come off???

is the best thing to do to take it to the dealer, or are they gonna claim ive had bird crap there or something??

I thought the the roof was vinyled not painted if it is black?

not sure if it is Vinyl or Paint, but looks like paint to me. either way, gonna go back to the dealers after work tomorrow and get it sorted. i tried to get a pic but iphone camera isnt good enough to be honest.

I had a similar circular patch on my rear door, although it wasnt like the lacquer was comeing off more like the paint jet nozzle had blocked when spraying the panel. i went straight back to the garage and they booked it in with their paint shop / repair centre and its now sorted all under warrenty. bill came to £580. Made them take my car on a transport to and from the repair/paint centre.

You'l have no problems getting it sorted, just an annoyance you wont have your car for a few days.

I had a similar circular patch on my rear door, although it wasnt like the lacquer was comeing off more like the paint jet nozzle had blocked when spraying the panel. i went straight back to the garage and they booked it in with their paint shop / repair centre and its now sorted all under warrenty. bill came to £580. Made them take my car on a transport to and from the repair/paint centre.

You'l have no problems getting it sorted, just an annoyance you wont have your car for a few days.

Be cheeky and ask for a courtesy car. No harm in asking.

Be cheeky and ask for a courtesy car. No harm in asking.

thats not cheeky, its the least id expect if i had to give them my car for 2 days

thats not cheeky, its the least id expect if i had to give them my car for 2 days

Got a courtesy car (Octavia Estate 1.6 5 speed manual) was a thrilling drive :dull: and a mobile advert for the dealership!!

My car was away for 4 days, the blemish had gone and the paint work was perfert but...... A nice dent & scratch had apperared in my drivers door !!!!! :doh: so i'm waiting to get that sorted now at the dealers expense.

Edited by JamesDensley

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the cars come with white plastic wrapping on the roof and bonnet to stop crap from damaging the paint in transit. Does sound like bird poo damage though.

See if it polishes out, if it doesnt get your dealer to sort.

Edited by pipsyp

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the cars come with white plastic wrapping on the roof and bonnet to stop crap from damaging the paint in transit. Does sound like bird poo damage though.

See if it polishes out, if it doesnt get your dealer to sort.

have attempted to polish it out with no luck so im heading to the dealers this afternoon after work. hopefully they can sort it this weekend and give me a nice diesel courtesy car as ive got a long trip this weekend... would obviously love to do it in the VRs but in a diesel its gonna be a lot cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys, forgot to keep this topic updated!

went to the dealership a couple of weeks ago and they took a picture of the blemish to send to SUK.

Got a call last wednesday and the cars booked in for a respray of the roof next monday, gonna have it a couple of days so im gonna be chuggin around in that bloody 70hp monte again!

turns out the monte was taken out yesterday before i got there. so guess what they gave me...

a baby blue roomster 1.6tdi 90hp!!!!!!!!!!! aaaah i hate it. at least give me something similar! i look such a prat driving around in a car that looks like it was designed by kids... you know that game when you fold some paper, someone draws the head, someone the body, someone the legs, and see what it ends up like.

the roomster is terrible!!!

on the plus side... 55mpg for the 4 days ive got it. :dull:

you drive a roomster..... nuf said :)

although you might be able to help... i have the engine management light and glow plug light bloody flashing at me whinging about something, any idea why this could be. dealerhsip reckons DPF...