Skoda Fabia 2 1.4 TDi air con not working

Can any member help me with a problem on my 2008 Skoda Fabia 2 1.4 TDi air con system, the car is fitted with the semi automatic air con system so basically you just have 3 control knobs for the fan, temperature, and air distribution. there are three buttons, for recirculation, heated rear window, and air con marked AC, seeing as the weather is now finally getting hot (well it is here) I tried out the air con by turning the temp knob to cold switching on the fan and pressing the air con button which lit up AC the problem is that the air is not being cooled, I have managed to find out a bit of info like the compressor runs continually unlike the magnetic clutch used on some cars. The car is just over one month out of warranty, so they are not interested, does any member have any idea of a fix. Thanks

Can any member help me with a problem on my 2008 Skoda Fabia 2 1.4 TDi air con system, the car is fitted with the semi automatic air con system so basically you just have 3 control knobs for the fan, temperature, and air distribution. there are three buttons, for recirculation, heated rear window, and air con marked AC, seeing as the weather is now finally getting hot (well it is here) I tried out the air con by turning the temp knob to cold switching on the fan and pressing the air con button which lit up AC the problem is that the air is not being cooled, I have managed to find out a bit of info like the compressor runs continually unlike the magnetic clutch used on some cars. The car is just over one month out of warranty, so they are not interested, does any member have any idea of a fix. Thanks

Hi fabia fan

Have you ever had it re-gassed ?

if not, they recommend you have it re-gassed about every two years, but sounds like you have lost the gas in the system, so you need to get it checked out by a air-con company, as they will check for leaks, and re-gas and poss put a dye in, so you can see in future.

Don't be tempted to use the tins from car accessory shops, as you cannot measure it in, and that is critical!

Radiotwo

Hi fabia fan

if not, they recommend you have it re-gassed about every two years, but sounds like you have lost the gas in the system, so you need to get it checked out by a air-con company, as they will check for leaks, and re-gas and poss put a dye in, so you can see in future.

Don't be tempted to use the tins from car accessory shops, as you cannot measure it in, and that is critical!

Radiotwo

Hi fabia fan

Radiotwo

Once fixed, run it once a month as per the instruction manual for several minutes in cold mode to keep the seals lubed. If they dry out the gas leaks out.

Our roomstet with climatronic also stopped working from one day to another.

Didn't run it for two weeks, left it at the workshop and got a call 20minutes later. The mechanic wondered what the fault was cause everything was working fine.

Summary, no faults was found on our car, he thought it might have to do with the temperature changing quickly (30 degrees celsius over one night). He said that it could make the system indicate a error that made it stop working (he could'nt check fault codes).

Been working since!

Might just be a glitch in the system...