Hi I just got some sensors for 16gbp. Has anyone fitted them before? I noticed on a fiat and honda site they recommend removing the rear bumper as the drilling locations are marked there. Any tips that I could use?

Regards

Taff

I fitted some to my MKI Octavia and they are really simple to fit.

Removing the bumper is the best way IMO, although there will only be locations marked on there if they were available as a factory / dealer fit option when the car was new, which on a '98 Felicia I assume this would not of been the case?

Follow the instructions to the letter on positioning the sensors with regard to height and angle then you should have no problems, with the bumper removed it will also be easier to locate a grommet in which to pass the sensor wires through, you can also use some strong tank tape (also called carpet or duct tape) to tape the sensor wires to the inside of the bumper (after you have cleaned it).

HTH

Yep the Felicia almost definitely never had reverse parking sensors as an option. As said above passing wires through to the inside of the car is the main obstacle, so if you can determine how to do this with the bumper in place and ensure adequate drilling clearance behind the places you want to drill you may be ok with the bumper on.

Cheers guys. It seems simple to get off, famous last words. Just four bolts under the hatch and four slip bolts underneath rear and one slip bolt on the sides. Has a rubber grommet in the middle by the release catch to pass wires through. Will give it a bash tomorrow. BTW the sensors are for the wife! not me, lol.

just noticed where you're from. Diolch mate, originally from Rhondda myself.

Yep the Felicia almost definitely never had reverse parking sensors as an option. As said above passing wires through to the inside of the car is the main obstacle, so if you can determine how to do this with the bumper in place and ensure adequate drilling clearance behind the places you want to drill you may be ok with the bumper on.

just noticed where you're from. Diolch mate, originally from Rhondda myself.

Been here just over a year. Originally from Leeds, lol :) Have never come across anyone who speaks Welsh that I'm aware, most Welsh I hear is on S4C, but know some words.

Lived in Harrogate for a couple of years back in the eighties. Got my back tat from someone in Leeds, cost a fortune at the time.

Been here just over a year. Originally from Leeds, lol :) Have never come across anyone who speaks Welsh that I'm aware, at least not as native language, but know some words.

Make sure you soak the studs that are under the wheelarches and under the bottom of the bumper in releasing fluid first - they shear off for a pastime if you're not careful with them...

Make sure you soak the studs that are under the wheelarches and under the bottom of the bumper in releasing fluid first - they shear off for a pastime if you're not careful with them...

Will do, cheers