SMIC Issues

Took my SMIC of earlier to give it a good clean, used some wd-40 and some motorcycle cleaner and then jet washed it all off to get all the crap out and now i have developed a strange woosh at about 2k upwards, sounds like im carrying some sort of huge induction kit on the front lol, strange...

could it have anything to do with getting water in it?

Cheers guys :)

Guest BigJase88

you pressure washed it?

its only aluminium fins...

my guess is you have pressure washed a hole in it

yeah im kinda hoping thats the issue, can get hold of another one for next to nothing, cheaper than replacing pipes so thats the plan. at first i cleaned it using wd40 and degreaser but this was still just removing muck from the outside, the bits inbetween still had dirt in them which was making me this the work id done cant have made much difference so thats why i tried to shift some of the much from inside them hence using the pressure washer, o well. we will see when i get the bumper off again later, cheers jase

Edited by E11HES

yeah i was a sensible distance, it felt different even before so i think it had failed before i washed it then when it was all clean, the wooshing sound was a lot clearer due to the faulty area. anyway it sorted now, a different one on with less miles on it so thats all good. thanks for all the input guys, very helpful as usual :)