Android In Car Dashboard Navigation System

Hi guys,

I am looking for an in car navigation system, that I can retrofit in the dashboard of my Skoda Roomster 1.2 TSI.

I found this system (http://www.dynavin.com) that is based on Android 2.2, which would be perfect! I would love an Android based system that I can develop for myself. But unfortunately this system does not fit into a Skoda Roomster.

What have you guys found to be interesting out there?

Thanks,

Jay

Have you thought about the Kenwood system Skoda sell?

Did think about that... it isn't Android based, and it is also a lot more expensive than some of the other systems I see out there... that unfortunately do not fit in a Skoda.

Parrot offer the Asteroid, which may not be what you are really looking for, but does run on Android and with it being single DIN will fit in the Skoda adapter plate.

Parrot offer the Asteroid, which may not be what you are really looking for, but does run on Android and with it being single DIN will fit in the Skoda adapter plate.

Hi James,

I also looked at that! It looks awesome, but it is single DIN, and thus does not offer a good size screen for navigation. I am looking for something along the lines of something like Dynavin, that also has custom app installation, and a good size touch screen!

/Jay

Did think about that... it isn't Android based, and it is also a lot more expensive than some of the other systems I see out there... that unfortunately do not fit in a Skoda.

True, but its much cehaper than a Columbus, will fit your car, and also give you full Bluetooth + media.

Is there a reason suggestions must be android based?

I would like to be able to develop apps for it myself :)

I'd rather go for a portable device. Small, cheaper, efficient, easily updateable, you can use it on different vehicles and thieves do not break windows to steal it (as long as you bring it with you).

Garmin and Tom Tom are my favourite, but I am sure you can find some Android based systems. emoticon-0100-smile.gif