Suspension Question + Engine Question

Can anybody tell me what suspension fits onto the Felicia? Does any Golf or other VAG suspension fit? Looking to lower the car just wanted to know what fits and if i would have to buy a model specific kit.

EDIT: Also when i get in the car it starts fine idles good, but if i go near the throttle the revs go down and it wants to die. Any ideas on what might be the cause?

Edited by Rojer

this question has been asked many times.... once by myself, so let me be the first to tell you that nothing other than skoda Favorit/Felicia are compatible....

though i'm sure someone later will point out that with minor mods, focus front dampers can fit on if you want to go down the collie route

you can get a lowering spring set on ebay for £86.99 inc p&p fyi

Hmm okay so looks like springs are the only options if i want it lowered then :( Bit of a shame wanted to lower it a bit more then 40mm. Thanks for the help did try searching the forum first.

Tbh i dont want to start chopping the springs so 40mm it is. Its just a daily really might turn into a little project wait and see. Also when you go near the throttle pedal sometimes it just wants to die any ideas?

i have the 1.6 VAG engine so haven't really taken much notice of trouble shooting thread's on the OHV czech engines, so not best placed to answer that.

i would suggest a little more description though and i'm sure the seasoned 136 engine tuners will be along shortly to aid you..

I have edited the main post and the topic, hopefully get a answer soon because its a good little car engine runs sweet just the little engine problem.

Not sure which engine you have but the 1.3mpi are known to get dirty throttle bodies which can result in the symptoms you are describing, mine was almost un drivable, every time I touched the accelerator then took my foot off the revs would plummet. But a quick clean sorted that out.

i was really tempted to mention cleaning up the throttle body, but decided against it as it would have been guesswork....

but it's not a hard job to do and once you clean it up, if the problem still happens then you can at least rule that out..

The boss put some air intake cleaner down the air box, seemed to clear it up a bit. Think it needs a good run really as it has been sitting around for a long time!

i've just priced up the parts for building a full set of coilovers using Bilstein dampers and bits from rally designs.co.uk i'm up to £380 just for the parts!!!!!

or £300 using generic pattern parts dampers

i might (when i have the money to get the parts together) build some for sale.

Edited by pinkskud

£380 for parts, plus labour...... your not gonna want to sell them for less than £500 but who will buy coilovers for Felly's @500 a set when most felly's are worth less than that anyway?!?!

still i would love to see the end product if you do it, good luck

I have a set of TAS coilovers which are fitted with bilstein inserts - they were on my rally car before I put the Proflex on there, and are now my spares.

The bodies of them are fairly simple, and as Tom says, you'd be better off making them from scratch than trying to adapt existing standard stuff - you can make it a lot better, and I'm sure anyone reasonably competent with a lathe could make them up, and doing them to suit standard Bilstein inserts would mean all the damping side of things is taken care of and reasonably well; the only problem I had with mine was that they'd go off after about 10 miles of forest stage, with them overheating and meaning there wasn't much damping; one of the reasons the Proflex is far superior to them (but then it should be as each front strut is about £1500+VAT)

If you can make the coilovers for less the £500 to be honest that's a bargain really. Some company's charge ridiculous prices for suspension.

last time i went up to djaychela towers in deepest darkest dorset he was wielding some crazy arsed hole saw to plonk some hydraulic hoses through the inner wings for the suspensions.. i guess they must be top spec units to have all those gubbins on there :thumbup:

if anybody on this site is capable of building up some coilovers it's pinkskud!! top notch welder! :thumbup:

anywho i'm still as yet to test out the mk1 focus front coilovers on mine, they are sat here in a box waiting but i've been tres busy working

Yeah, I remember that day well, Tom! Wasn't something I wanted to get wrong! As it turned out it was dead simple really, the canisters sit nicely in the engine bay with the adjuster facing upwards, so you can alter the fronts without getting dirty. They are pretty much the best suspension you can buy for a Felicia, but then at £4k plus for the set (No, I didn't pay that, but I did get them rebuilt at £1350) they bloody well should be. Totally transformed the car though, it handles infinitely better and has a lot more grip and traction as a result.

Anyway..... I think £500 for a set of coilovers isn't bad, if they're Bilstein - what spec inserts were they?