Seeing is believing

Silly Old Hector

Back on topic ;)

Keys now in hand, financials done, signed everything that needed to be signed :dull: and have been driving round town in the pouring rain since 11 this morning :rofl:

First impressions (forgive me, it's been six months since I took a test drive :giggle: ) - very smooth, good torque, brakes, suspension and visibility. But - where has all the boot space gone :doh: .

New roof rack ordered - gone for the separate Thule one, to allow future transfer. Bootliner and door sills to be fitted later.

Mrs Hector loves the car, especially the colour (after the dealer PDI clean-up) and I now have to admit it really stands out in the dull day we are having.

We are already fighting over who is driving it this afternoon :p

Thanks for all the kind comments about my patience - definitely worth it.

Finally here are some pics of our fabulous Daz White beast "Ovis" delivered to our door 790 miles ago! (Would have posted earlier but only just found out how to do it - Post photos that is!)

P1030587.jpg

P1030593.jpg

P1030610.jpg

P1030601.jpg

P1030603.jpg

P1030606.jpg

P1030608.jpg

P1030617.jpg

P1030630.jpg

Just get a CR140DSG and remove the engine badges (like Elsie the Helipad) and everybody will think you have a 1.2 tisDSG emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Now to work out how to change the gear lever so that the knob only has DSG on it and not 4x4 as well.... emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Finally here are some pics of our fabulous Daz White beast "Ovis" delivered to our door 790 miles ago! (Would have posted earlier but only just found out how to do it - Post photos that is!)

Great piccies.

What have you done to the back seat and what is that between the 2 rear seat backs?

Great piccies.

What have you done to the back seat and what is that between the 2 rear seat backs?

AH! I wondered when somebody would notice, I thought it would be you!

Very technical - I had a piece of boot carpet protector ( From Lidl or Aldi?)left over from last car, got a piece of strong laminated cardboard box and stuck the carpet protector on with "Gorilla Snot" tape, trimmed it to overlap the two side seats, it sits on the bottom of the trough behind the seats and is wedged in with my tyre pump which also sits in the slot. This is just a temporary work round to stop my daughter from complaining that she did not like the "Black Hole" when the armrest was down. I am looking for some similar material in black and will make a more robust version out of plywood. It took 10 minute to make and does a good job of blocking the hole between the seats and at the same time protecting the armrest facing when it is in the raised position. Seems odd that the designers did not attend to this when draughting the finished spec.

Not quite sure what you mean when you say "What Have you done to the back seats"?