Tailgate LEDs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished doing mine lastnight and I'm very pleased with the results.

They do shine off the chrome bits nicely and make the seat stiching stand out too.

IMG_3592.JPG

You will need 5 of the bulbs on the left for the interiors and 6 of the bulbs on the right for the tailgate and footwell lights.

Phil

Any chance of links and/or part numbers so that other members can purchase - I'd certainly like to get some ready and put them with the LED DRL bulbs I have already. :thumbup:

Any chance of links and/or part numbers so that other members can purchase - I'd certainly like to get some ready and put them with the LED DRL bulbs I have already. :thumbup:

I went to this site. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260775952975&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

UK dealer and very quick delivery.

You can get cheaper from HK but delivery is slow and there is only a small saving.

Phil

Another thing is that they are not quite so blue to the naked eye, the camera is making them a bit blue like. You agree Phil?

Another thing is that they are not quite so blue to the naked eye, the camera is making them a bit blue like. You agree Phil?

Taken in daylight. Colour balance not too true.

They look blue but believe me in in the dark they are really white and bright.

Phil

May i suggest:

WardenJP

His bulbs are well made with drivers, CANBUS ready and good cooling for the LEDs.

Your orders will not be taxed, as his uncle works for the German customs. Your order will be sent to his uncle, then redispatched from Germany to the country in europe you might live in.

His bulbs are well made with drivers, CANBUS ready and good cooling for the LEDs.

It's only a few of them with with canbus support. The resistors are not integrated. I don't like the solution with seperat resistors and error cancelling cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished all the interiors now including the vanity mirror lights.

When I was doing the rear footwell lights I noticed that the seats were from Audi.

Phil.

The door panel lights in the superb use the w5w bulb. Pictures below

bulb2.jpg

bulb1.jpg

EDIT: Housing is upside down in the picture.

The LEDs on the left are the ones I used.

Phil.

IMG_3592.JPG

Does the LED bulb give much difference in the white light output?

The ones in the picture look like they are forward firing only which may not be great for the white part of the lens which is to the side of the bulb.

I think I will get a set for the interior and try them out in the door and see!

• 2 weeks later...

Does the LED bulb give much difference in the white light output?

The ones in the picture look like they are forward firing only which may not be great for the white part of the lens which is to the side of the bulb.

I think I will get a set for the interior and try them out in the door and see!

Correct they are IMO pretty pants for the doors and certainly nowhere near as much light is emitted through the clear part of the lens compared to the std bulbs, you want a bulb that shines down as well as through the end. I also thought the red went a bit too pink for my liking with the bulbs on the left.

• 2 months later...

Correct they are IMO pretty pants for the doors and certainly nowhere near as much light is emitted through the clear part of the lens compared to the std bulbs, you want a bulb that shines down as well as through the end. I also thought the red went a bit too pink for my liking with the bulbs on the left.

Reviving an oldish thread here - but has anyone replaced the bulbs in the sealed units used in the tailgate lights & the footwell lights by any chance?

I can't stand yellow filament bulbs emoticon-0143-smirk.gif