Android phones & GSM III

My Nokia is going end-of-life, so does anyone have definative answers for which Android phones work with the GSM III unit (not II or III+)? i.e. using RSAP.

There are some suggestions that certain Samsung models work, but others don't. Is this true? If so, which models and which version of the OS?

Has anyone tried http://www.android-rsap.com/ ?

Does Android 3.0 include RSAP by default?

I assume there's no news yet on a software upgrade from GSM III to III+?

Many thanks!

As far as I am aware, it is only the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II that have rSAP support from the manufacturer. Android doesn't currently have native support for rSAP and it's only Samsung that have included this functionality as part of their software additions to the base OS

I've not tried the software from the link as I don't have the GSM III, however, I would be prepared to download the trial to my Desire and try it on someone's GSM III to see if it works...

Android 3.0 is currently for tablets only so I doubt rSAP functionality is in there as it wouldn't be required...

As far as I am aware, it is only the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II that have rSAP support from the manufacturer. Android doesn't currently have native support for rSAP and it's only Samsung that have included this functionality as part of their software additions to the base OS

I've not tried the software from the link as I don't have the GSM III, however, I would be prepared to download the trial to my Desire and try it on someone's GSM III to see if it works...

Android 3.0 is currently for tablets only so I doubt rSAP functionality is in there as it wouldn't be required...

+1 - What he said :thumbup:

I've got the Android rSAP app installed on my HTC desire

Works perfectly with the Skoda bluetooth, it was a bit of a faff to get the phone "SOFF"'ed but i have to say it's worth it - in truth it only took about 30 mins to get it all installed and working.

I am using the rSAP app with my HTC Desire also, works really well with premium kit. Mine is GSMIII+ but the only difference should be that III+ includes HFP which is inferior to rSAP. The HTC Desire does need to be Rooted to use the app.

The only problem with Android that I have had is Google contacts can crash the cars BT system when updating the phonebook which happens automatically, to overcome this I had to delete all Google contacts and turn sync off for Google contacts.

Edited by VRS DSG