My autotest felicia 8v -> 16v

IMS

(Copied from another forum)

As all things it started as a cheap idea....

I used to autotest as a teenager and as its just not going to happen that ill get out competitive in my estelle this year. So with that in mind a rather innocent felicia 1.6 GLXi came in for scrap at ten to five on a wednesday aft so an idea was hatched to enter it into that nights club autotest (starting at 7 lol) and then scrap it the following day. So for the next fifteen minutes we rather craply stripped out the rear and tightened the handbrake. Loaded her up and headed out.

3rd place in my first test for ten years and the little felly really did me proud. SO i decided for the next event id keep her rather than weigh it in. I further stripped her and entered, sadly it became clear the 1600 was on its last legs so she just got hammered round bouncing off the top of the temp guage.

The bonnet catch failed so ive replaced it with pins

feltester.jpg

And shes now fully stripped

felinterior.jpg

As she'd done me proud she got the luxury of being 'done at home' so put her in the garage...(note the stickers have started being added...

felgarage.jpg

Engine starting to come out....(just hanging by two mounts at present)

felonwayout.jpg

After some searching aqquired this badboy (im intending on using one of these to power the estelle)

newengine.jpg

100bhp out the box :)

Ive got gracie (my daughter today) so progress has halted but should be in and running by weds

• Like 1

Got the bugger out :)

andwereout.jpg

Next step was to remove the felly box, clutch, flywheel and adaptor from the aee. Aee into the bin then remount all the stuff onto the AFH (16v).

The box mounts up sweet, swapped over the lambda sensor and knock sensor from the aee, theyre the same as the polo's but the route better round the felly engine bay. Also swapped the alternator loom over.

valvermountedtobox.jpg

Just the mount to sortout today, ive modified the aee one but it looks kinda weak now it clears the idler pulley so im either going to get it braced or knock a steel replacement up.

First stop was to modify the aee mount so it would fit the afh then tig back in some bracing....

feltest1.jpg

It was attatched to the lump and in it went.

The loom then needed stripping back re routing then rewrapping. Areas needing attention being the throttle body and oil pressure switch

The ecu was swapped over it was fully plumbed, fuel pipes shortened.

feltest3.jpg

SO...... the big moment and she fired, then died 5 seconds later....as expected just need to borrow someones vagcom (mine was stolen during a recent break in at work) so i can pair up the immobilisers and set the throttle body then shes alive. :thumb

cheers tom just searching all over for a standard airbox as the seller jipped me and nicked the k+n despite it being included in the sale

Im always one for stock airboxes but theyre like hens teeth, im also a driveshaft short of a party as my long shaft has had it and ive only short ones on the shelf :(

After some late night googleing last night i have a new mission.......but in silver and my livery

skoda.jpg

I have all the parts off the shelf to convert to an early front end.........and ive found somewhere to buy the kit

if your going to go to that much trouble why not just get it blown over in white first?

also the standard bumpers come up pretty nice when they are properly painted

Because i seek the look but not to be a rally rep if that makes sense?

Immo done and she's going :)

Exhaust to finish, and waiting on the new fan arriving. Going to fit new brakes in the morning and some other tart bits. Seats and straps also need to go in.

Looking into suspension now, possibly hp coilovers from abroad, theyre proper track/rally spec items.