Parking sensors

2007 1.9 tdi

My parking sensors seem to work ok some days but like today I engage reverse and they make an unbearable continuous beep which is horrible during the manoeuvre.

Anyone else experienced this?

My Roomster started doing this last night, put it down to the heavy rain we'd had. Gave the offending sensor a wipe down with a chamois and it seemed ok. If it re-occurs I'll try the damp-start spray on the connector underneath the bumper as suggested. Thanks for pointing me towards that.

My Roomster started doing this last night, put it down to the heavy rain we'd had. Gave the offending sensor a wipe down with a chamois and it seemed ok. If it re-occurs I'll try the damp-start spray on the connector underneath the bumper as suggested. Thanks for pointing me towards that.

Mine did it a couple of times when I first had it but not since. But I think it was only when I had the towbar connected.

Only had my 2007 1.9 tdi Roomie about a month. My dealer fitted a Westfalia fixed swan neck towbar and twin electrics as part of deal. I found when towing my Eriba caravan and reversing the sensors made the same loud constant beep. Shouldnt the sensors be disabled when towing?

Only had my 2007 1.9 tdi Roomie about a month. My dealer fitted a Westfalia fixed swan neck towbar and twin electrics as part of deal. I found when towing my Eriba caravan and reversing the sensors made the same loud constant beep. Shouldnt the sensors be disabled when towing?

Mine also operate when the caravan is hitched. I think they are only disabled if you have a factory fitted towbar, just as you can't have the indicator warning light on the dashboard if you have an after-market towbar fitted.

Just taken Roomy to dealer today about sensors making constant beep most times I engage reverse.

There conclusion is that the plastic Westfalia towball cover was the culprit it seems without it sensors are ok.

Just reversed into my drive and yes they worked ok, time will tell now I can't believe that's what it is though

Just taken Roomy to dealer today about sensors making constant beep most times I engage reverse.

There conclusion is that the plastic Westfalia towball cover was the culprit it seems without it sensors are ok.

Just reversed into my drive and yes they worked ok, time will tell now I can't believe that's what it is though

Are you saying that with the tow-ball cover on they did not work and cover off they do, or were they working anyway when you took the car in ?

I ask because I got too many excuses and 'No Fault Found' comments myself from Skoda. But since water proofing all the rear bumper connections the problem has been solved, even during/after hard rain no problems. I have the factory fitted reversing sensors and factory fitted removable tow-bar.

What is interesting is my sensors even work OK with the tow-bar fitted. Obviously they don't work when I attach the trailer but just the tow-ball on it's own is OK.

Well mine are factory fitted sensors but retro fit fixed swan neck Westfalia tow bar fitted by Skoda dealer as part of car purchase deal and I have had car which is a 2007 year for about six weeks and sensors have played up ever since I had it. Some days they work but more often they just continuasely beep when reverse is engaged

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting because mine go off occasionally when I have the towbar fitted but most of the time it's OK. I wonder if it depends on exactly how the cover is fitted on.

To continue my sensors/towbar dilemma, since it appeared my dealers conclusion that the towball cover was interfering with sensors we had the bright idea of putting a balloon over towball as it will rust otherwise which seemed ok at first then soon after on reversing the same old constant beeeeep! Now I'm fed up and want a removable towbar