To sell standard or modified

Hi guys went and tried a vw touran today and decided to buy it. Felt the fabia was just to small with me being 6 4" and a baby. The boot doesn't have enough room in it for all his stuff. So it's time to sell the fabia my question is would I be better off selling standard or modified?

Thanks tim

If you can sell it modified privately then do it - I sold my slightly modded MK1 vRS private and ordered a new MK2 vRS Estate which I now have. Its alot bigger than the old one and well worth a look if you're like me and hate people carriers :giggle:

Cruise Control - Remove and replace with standard stork if you have it.

Seat Sport Front Strut Brace - Remove and sell separately for £40?

Seat Cupra & Powerflex Bushes - Leave 'em, not worth the labour removing.

PD160 Air Intake - Remove and sell for £70, replace with standard.

Green Cotton Air Filter - If good condition replace with standard and sell. If not don't bother.

Uprated indicator Bulbs, X5 indicators bulbs and Headlight Bulbs, LED sidelights, De-Bump striped, Seat LCR Splitter, Privacy tints - Leave 'em.

Jabba Sport ARB - Remove and sell for £100+

Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Replace with standard and sell for £250+.

JABBA Sport Custom Remap! - It's a selling point to some, and a bad thing to others...

312mm Brakes - Replace with standard and sell for £150.

KW V1 Coilovers - If you can remove them yourself replace with standard and sell.

SS leather retrim - Big selling point but can remove and sell for £500-700. Take standard seats in P/X.

Custom Hyper Silver TT Competiton Alloys - Sell separately, replace with standard

Custom dead pedal cover - Remove

Black inserts on headlights - Not worth painting... Leave 'em

Felt the fabia was just to small with me being 6 4"

6' 3" here and thought the Fabia wasn't too bad in this department. Pedal position can feel a bit unusual though and the seat all that way back means zero leg room at rear. I do tend to like my seats set a bit like a deckchair though :rofl:

Definitely have to agree with the above. Modification is such a niche market and will put off your average buyer who'll think it's been ragged to within an inch of its life and/or be concerned about insurance - and even if someone looking for a modified one was interested they probably wouldn't pay anywhere near what the mods were worth - even if they'd happily spend thousands on modifications over the car's life.

Sell it standard and make money out of the upgraded parts, but before you selling post on the for sale section dropme a pm so that I can "help" you shift stuff quicker ;)

Sell it standard and make money out of the upgraded parts, but before you selling post on the for sale section dropme a pm so that I can "help" you shift stuff quicker ;)

He'd get more for selling them separately than just including them in the car though...

Possibly, but I think if you factor in the rarity of fabia`s with leather and how much quicker it would help it sell as well as the extra he would get with it fitted it wouldnt be worth removing.

Matt

Hi guys went and tried a vw touran today and decided to buy it. Felt the fabia was just to small with me being 6 4" and a baby. The boot doesn't have enough room in it for all his stuff. So it's time to sell the fabia my question is would I be better off selling standard or modified?

Thanks tim

Aw, shame your not closer, would've wanted a couple of small bits to swap etc. Good luck selling your car!