VMR V713 on FL vRS

Hi Everyone,

Just looking at getting some rims for my Octavia vRS. I've been searching through the forums and found some different answers so I thought I would ask directly. Basically I am importing these rims into Australia and need to know whether they will fit or not, I would really like to fit the 19's - they look gorgeous on the vRS.

Anyway, the specs I am looking at is:

VMR V713

19x8.5

ET45

57.1 Centre Bore

Continental ExtremeContact DW

225/35R19

I have heard opinions from they will fit, to they will scrub out and so forth. Is there anyone running similar spec combo's with no problems? I won't be upgrading the suspension straight away either. I could go for 18's but really want the 19's.

And for some inspiration :)

5642589867_b3d897003c_o.jpg

Last but not least, but seems to be the going rate for Neptunes. I've got a perfect condition set with Continental SP2's, only 15,000km on them and still **** loads of tread left :)

Edited by NSWRS

And for some inspiration :)

5642589867_b3d897003c_o.jpg

Those look more like 713s to me

I was thinking about these once, but decided to stick with 18s

Spotted these black 710s on a white Scirocco at GTi International at the weekend, and I have to say I'm not all that keen - they might, of course, look better in hyper silver

DSC_8072.jpg

Really hope they fit, as I have a set of 19" V710's on order from America (through Niche in the UK) and I am expecting delivery in the next 10-14 days!

Apparently mine are in the UK, awaiting Niche completing some paperwork before they clear customs.

I went for 225/35 tyres too, several people on here advised that they SHOULD be fine (including Stamsaas who is running 20" wheels on his Octy).

I've went for the gunmetal colour.

I'd love a set, but I'm happy for someone else to try them out first. :p

BTW Neuspeed do a similar wheel; RSe14 in 19" which is only 8" width so less likely to have rubbing risk.

They are very light and have great feedback on the US forums. Not seen a set on the Vrs yet, but several japanese and US golfs come up with them if you google image search.

:thumbup:

Edited by rob_e

Another pic of a Vrs with 713's showing how the wheel sits in the arch. Looks pretty close to me!

Personally I prefer the wheels to look a little more "tucked" into the arch, rather than flush with the lip, but they are still great looking wheels IMO.

5672027536_a7291ef5f7_b.jpg

One other consideration, with the very "open" design of the spokes on these wheels I think its only a matter of time before you end up with a brake upgrade, as the bigger rim may make your OE brakes look a little puny.

:)

I have just had a bit more of a look, looks like if I go for the 225/35/19 I won't be able to satisfy the 91Y load rating need to make sure insurance isn't void...unless there is a 225/35/19 that satisfies that requirement?

Otherwise I have to go with 235/35R19 but then it will rub?

At 8.5J / ET45, I wouldn't run 235s. You'll likely rub a bit at the back of the rear arch on the lip thing when you've got people in the back / stuff in the boot. Go for 225 imo.

• 1 month later...

Decided to go ahead with the V713s. They are officially on their way along with some Continental Extreme Contacts in 235/35R19. I won't be lowering the car for a while so hopefully she doesn't rub yet, plus we never use the backseat - while driving anyway lol jks

Hopefully next year I can invest in a set of coilovers. Thankfully the roads around home and to work are great roads, so not many potholes to hit :)

Photos to come :D

Edited by NSWRS

Any possibility you can use the 'Full Editor' button and amend the thread title to read VMR 713, just to save confusion :thumbup:

I'm actually now thinking the 713s look better than the 710s, so good shout on that front :clap:

Any possibility you can use the 'Full Editor' button and amend the thread title to read VMR 713, just to save confusion :thumbup:

I'm actually now thinking the 713s look better than the 710s, so good shout on that front :clap:

Done ;)

Originally I was in love with the v710s but once I saw the v713s I was won over! It is such a hard choice when it comes to rims, so many options out there! I nearly went and bought a set of RS4 replicas powdercoated black, but after realising all up it was $2000, I figured it was better to get what I actually wanted in the first place, buying a quality brand and have something not many people have over here in Aus, especially on Skodas! :)

NSWRS - further to my post above, I now have my VMR V710 alloys. Despite me ordering 225/35 19 tyres the supplier decided to ignore me and fit 235/35 19's and they fit fine with no rubbing (my car is approx. 30-35mm lower on coilovers too).

Pics on my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oobster

Thanks oobster!

I have actually been tracking your car, it looks so damn sexy! Coilovers are on the list for next year, so unfortunately she will sit a little high for the time being but I think I said before, it's only going to be 5mm difference overall! Happy days.

What brand of coilovers do you have btw?

Recieved a nice little package today :D

Continental Extreme Contact DW! Mmmm, beautiful look tyre lol

Best part is, they look massive! Can't believe I've got rims coming that fit! They are on their way too!

Ended up going for the gunmetal.

Went through pyspeed online and got them for $990 buck but delivered it will be around the $1600 mark all up. Plus $1000 for the tyres, so $2600 in total or 1700 pound in your terms ;)

Was going to get the matte black but they ran out of stock! Had to get the rims though, my missus and my wedding is next month and the Skoda is one of the wedding cars...can't go with stock rims hehe

Thats poor, can you not fit the wheels on then clip the caps on when they arrive?

I can but I don't really want to, unless my neptunes are sold and I have to....so basically waiting on them to arrive.

Here is a teaser though!

39888752.jpg

22921419.jpg