Black headlights?

They are a complete pig to split or at least mine were,

Either heat gun and a screwdriver and a pair of gloves because you have to get glue bloody hot to get it to release,

Or you could put them in oven and warm them that way, altho i was abit sacred of melting casing doing it that way.

I would advise getting a spare set of lights and doing them then swopping them over then you can take your time and do them

Hmm.. well i dont want to use flyeyes or something like that.. problems with authorities and inspection.

So there are no black headlights at all on the markets? just those boring looking "audi" headlights..

Well i need to think about that painting.. sounds pretty crazy for me to put headlights in to oven :D

Dont know how many degrees i should use and how much time to let them be on there..

Edited by Tonza

Just use a heat gun then and heat round where glue is bonding the two bits together,

Well have to try that i think.. but what glue i should use to put this piaces back together? that

it wont leak water inside to the lamp or something like that..

Okay ty! well.. i already sprayed my indicators to black.. but i think i just should buy better ones and

clean those back to original colour.. is there any black indicators around?

i found this: http://www.superskoda.com/octavia-i/headlights/skoda-octavia-01-07-facelift-jdm-black-housing-clear-corner-lamps

But those are model 01-07? My car is maded -98 :doh:

And another stupid question.. what kind of spray i should use? matt black, metallic black or something else? should i paint first the base colour and after that the real colour? should i do something to the lamps before spraying like sweat it with sandpaper?

Edited by Tonza

I've got the black indicators from superskoda to go with my headlights, i used hot water and washing up liquid with some scotching stuff bodyshops use to rub paintwork back, most decent motor factors sell it, think sandpaper will be abit harsh,

I prepped it, then plastic primer, then i used satin black as i wanted shiny black as i didn't want to dull headlights and they matched indicators then,

I used window bond on my foglights when i tinted them on my foglights but once you use that there never going to come apart again, I used some PUR adhesive on my headlights, not sure where you would get that from as we use it at work to stick plastic sill trims etc onto cars at work

I've got the black indicators from superskoda to go with my headlights, i used hot water and washing up liquid with some scotching stuff bodyshops use to rub paintwork back, most decent motor factors sell it, think sandpaper will be abit harsh,

I prepped it, then plastic primer, then i used satin black as i wanted shiny black as i didn't want to dull headlights and they matched indicators then,

I used window bond on my foglights when i tinted them on my foglights but once you use that there never going to come apart again, I used some PUR adhesive on my headlights, not sure where you would get that from as we use it at work to stick plastic sill trims etc onto cars at work

So those indicators from superskoda match with my model too? -98.. But thanks for the infos!