Exhaust control light

Shell V-power mainly BUT I put some Tesco momentum in about a week ago.

I think your car did the human version of going....yeeeuck...pptttssss as it tried to spit it back out!!! :giggle:

I still seems that Tesco Momentum isn't quite up to the same job as good old Shell Vpower!!!! B)

Flashing light is normally a misfire

As said in another thread, I had this twice, both times were as i jumped in the car turned on engine and shot off quickly. I think the engines don't like it cold. Sounds so much smoother when its been left to tick over for 30 seconds or so

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk

Just going off what the owners manual said, never done it since so hopefully just a hiccup !

• 3 weeks later...

The dealers kept my car overnight so they could start it from cold this morning ( Thursday 28th July)

When they started the engine the exhaust warning light started to flash.

They have sent the computer info directly to Skoda. The error code is a misfire.

This misfire never occurs during driving or if I start the engine and move away immediately and do not let it idle.

It only occurs from a cold start and if the engine is left to idle. The engine sounds rough at 1200 revs but as the

revs drop to 800 it smooths out. I assume its the misfire at 1200 revs then at 800 revs the misfire stops.:think:

I hope tomorrow the dealers will be able to tell me what the problem is and fix it.

John

I think your car did the human version of going....yeeeuck...pptttssss as it tried to spit it back out!!! :giggle:

I still seems that Tesco Momentum isn't quite up to the same job as good old Shell Vpower!!!! B)

i think theres some truth in that. My last tankj of fuel was tesco momentum,topped up earlier this week with VPower like nomal and the cold start tickover is much improved. Maybe its highlighted more because mines mapped

i think theres some truth in that. My last tankj of fuel was tesco momentum,topped up earlier this week with VPower like nomal and the cold start tickover is much improved. Maybe its highlighted more because mines mapped

Been using Shell V-power for the last 2 weeks.

So its not the fuel.

Also I only once put Momentum in once and every other occasion has been v-power.

John