drive shaft snapped, 'extended' warranty from Skoda

4 weeks ago my wife came to a sudden stop after drive shaft snapped in gearbox. (will post the details when I get the car back)

The Ocy II has done 75000km and is out of 3 year warranty by 3 months!

Skoda agreed to full warranty for a replacement gearbox. New box is due in from Germany this week, (after ash cloud and other delays).

Hoping for a delivery this Friday - -time in total 5 weeks, but under warranty!

Thank you Skoda.

Nice they wouldn't even replace my front and rear badges under warranty!! My next battle is my clutch release bearing.

You must have upset your dealer! Mine replaced the front and rear badges on our Fabia under warranty without being asked to :rofl: And they also replaced all four alloys on the Fabia (under warranty) when they started to show signs of corrosion.

VAG offers 'goodwill' to match the different consumer protection in different markets.

The ACCC and fair trading organisations in Australia have more teeth than in the UK. One official from the ACCC warned VAG that he "would lunch on their ass" if they didn't change their approach to out-of-warranty issues and recalls. Guess what - they changed.