car mats

i have a 2010 model estate with car mats supplied from new. These are of poor quality and the driver's one has alreay worn through after 12,000 very satisfactory miles with this excellent car.Can anyone recommend please a supplier of good quality mats which are tailored to fit a 2010 model estate?

i have a 2010 model estate with car mats supplied from new. These are of poor quality and the driver's one has alreay worn through after 12,000 very satisfactory miles with this excellent car.Can anyone recommend please a supplier of good quality mats which are tailored to fit a 2010 model estate?

If you search the Superb 2 forum you will find a few suggestions.

Car mats moans are plenty.

I bought some rubber mats from Tesco for 99p each. They sit on top of the Skoda "carpets"

Phil

Ambassador mats are worth looking at.

Around £40-50 a set I believe depending on how you want them to look.

Many on here have bought them and have been happy.

Check out simplycarmats.co.uk , I ordered a set from them and find them excellent, and you can personalise them with reg, model, etc if you wish.

The OE supplied car mats are poor - I have never seen such a thin and flimsy mat - mine also wore out after 12k and a year of ownership. I had a good moan to the dealer who came up trumps with a free set of OE rubber mats which are an excellent slightly dished design (a bit like Volvo ones) that are just the job for dealing with muddy boots etc.

Skoda list two different types of carpet mat - a cheaper one which I had and a more expensive one which may be better?

I've got the OE ones with "Superb" written on the side, anyone know if these are the standard or the better ones?

The factory fit ones are plain:

3T2 863 011 C 62U

Mine are 10K old and showing no signs of wear yet.

The ones the dealer threw in originally were part number DCA 800 101 to be exact, which are the cheaper of the two carpet mats (polypropylene) offered and they do have the Superb logo on.

I think that the more expensive carpet mats DCA 800 103 (polyamide)also have the logo on.

Justin.

I am surprised your driver's factory suplied mat has worn through after 12,000 miles, as my same mat has just passed 86,000 miles and is still intact.

The Skoda 'Premium' mats have the word Skoda down one side, however, I cannot confirm whether they are any better than the standard factory supplied mats. These are available online for a reasonable £44.98 (in P&P):-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170610567460&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT