Door Panels

Hi guys, new to the forum with my first vrs estate. Love the car, the power, aggresive but not over the top styling and boot space. After looking through the forum i have what seems to be common fault with the central locking. All doors lock but the drivers and neither the flashing alarm light or door mirror right hand side. The doors all lock with the key and it seems to be a split wire in the loom between the A piller and door. Iv not managed to find a decent manual yet (any advice on what to to buy) and so just want to now how to remove the inner door panel without ripping out wires and destroying the interior. Is it just a case of removing the grub screws that I can see around the edge of the inner panel. Any help appreciated. :)

Also, along side the screws you identified, there are some additional steps to be done in this order:

- unclip the interior door handle with a screwdriver from the upper end of the handle

- unscrew the 2 bolts which are fixing the door pannel from the door itself

- unclip the twitter

- remove the screw behind the door unlock lever; you will see it after you will remove the twitter

- push up the door panel until it releases from the door

- disconect the door unlock cable from the door unlock lever

Hi guys, new to the forum with my first vrs estate. Love the car, the power, aggresive but not over the top styling and boot space. After looking through the forum i have what seems to be common fault with the central locking. All doors lock but the drivers and neither the flashing alarm light or door mirror right hand side. The doors all lock with the key and it seems to be a split wire in the loom between the A piller and door. Iv not managed to find a decent manual yet (any advice on what to to buy) and so just want to now how to remove the inner door panel without ripping out wires and destroying the interior. Is it just a case of removing the grub screws that I can see around the edge of the inner panel. Any help appreciated. :)

Hi there I did a guide to removing the panel when i changed the door lock microswitch.

It is found in the tech section

link here

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/126257-octavia-1-replacing-door-latch-microswitch/

hope it helps.

Dont think so Si,

you need to get to the underside of the door to get to the screws iirc.

Fact yes you do as I am looking at the cards I got out the 51 plate car I am breaking, the interior is stacked up in this room lol.

good luck mate,

I sould get some of the doors done this week I hope if the rain stops for a few hr.

Dont think so Si,

you need to get to the underside of the door to get to the screws iirc.

Fact yes you do as I am looking at the cards I got out the 51 plate car I am breaking, the interior is stacked up in this room lol.

good luck mate,

I sould get some of the doors done this week I hope if the rain stops for a few hr.

Just my luck that is :dull:

Kids will have to get in and out dukes of hazard style :giggle:

I've got similar problems with a rear door that won't unlock. Can the panel be removed without the door open?

Sorry for the high jack :thumbup:

It can be done mate, ask Clive. You can take the rear seats out so that might help.

It can be done mate, ask Clive. You can take the rear seats out so that might help.

Alrite mate long time no hear.

I'll give him a bell and find out, I'm sick of it! Getting to be one thing after another recently.......I blame our lass cause I dnt use it anymore :giggle:

Had a word and it can be done, just means breaking a few clips :giggle: ...........it'll match the rest of the car at the min :rofl:

Alrite mate long time no hear.

I'll give him a bell and find out, I'm sick of it! Getting to be one thing after another recently.......I blame our lass cause I dnt use it anymore :giggle:

Yeah mate, long time no hear, been a few problems but it's slowly getting sorted.

Yeah, I meant to say, it involves breaking a few clips.