Drive the Deal not selling Skodas.

oldstan

Yes they had a good whinge last november when I collected mine.

Said they were losing money on each DTD sale,so could well be true.

From the prices they had them advertised for coupled with the prep costs, I can't see how any money was being made.

I guess now that DtD are no longer supplying Skoda that may put me in a slightly better position to supply cars.

:wonder: if this is just a one off or maybe a sign that internet broker prices are no longer sustainable as business proposition for the supplying dealers involved.

Had mediocre experience with brokers in the past, hence taking the james@allams route; very happy with my decision :)

TP

From the prices they had them advertised for coupled with the prep costs, I can't see how any money was being made.

I guess now that DtD are no longer supplying Skoda that may put me in a slightly better position to supply cars.

And when Kitten and I are ready to PX Ivor for the latest model Yeti in a few years time, we'll be sure to 'pop up' and see you james...................to look at what's available at the time, talk figures and maybe a cup or two emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Broadspeed are still offering Skodas and their prices are/were similar to DtD.

Maybe DtD are struggling and haven't been paying thier commission to the dealers?

By the way James (as you are likely to read this) your email is bouncing again.

Thanks for letting me know. Don't know what is going on with our system, we've replaced everything and it still seems to bounce the odd email back, some are coming through others aren't. Arrgh!!

I sent you an email this morning at 09:41 did it come through?

GMP Drivercare are also still offering skoda's, I would guess the loss on DtD is down to dealers struggling to beat 20% off and 0% finance that I see Skoda themselves are now offering, and down to the hassle of the long delivery times and **** ups in spec. IF Skoda ever go back to charging RRP then I would imagine DtD will soon have them relisted.

Thanks for letting me know. Don't know what is going on with our system, we've replaced everything and it still seems to bounce the odd email back, some are coming through others aren't. Arrgh!!

I sent you an email this morning at 09:41 did it come through?

Yes. My reply bounced though.

As did my reply a few weeks back when you asked for the order form.

It's a one way communication method. :giggle:

My order was placed with Marlborough back in May when they matched the DTD price, hope there is no issue as I've not heard from them since. No response to my email today either.

Phone call tomorrow I think.

My order was placed with Marlborough back in May when they matched the DTD price, hope there is no issue as I've not heard from them since. No response to my email today either.

Phone call tomorrow I think.

Strangely enough, Mike ( a really nice fella) said to keep in touch and keep him advised how I was getting on with the Yeti he supplied......and I did send a couple of emails but didn't hear back. But I wouldn't read too much in to that - he has better things to do than exchange chatter with customers...like sell new ones, I hope!!! Their website still shows them supplying Skodas.

I got on fine with them and hope they continue to do well as Mike did his job well and I'd go back there as and when I changed, provided they remained competetive.

Edited by oldstan

I would guess the loss on DtD is down to dealers struggling to beat 20% off and 0% finance that I see Skoda themselves are now offering

Point of information #1: They're offering 0% VAT. Normal VAT is 20%. If you pay 0% instead of 20% the discount on the price you would have paid is actually just under 17%.

Point of information #2: The offer is only available on "selected petrol stock" Fabia, Roomster and Octavia. So someone after a diesel Yeti is probably still better off going to a broker, or to autoebid, if they want to drive the price as low as possible (sorry James).

Edited by ejstubbs

Point of information #1: They're offering 0% VAT. Normal VAT is 20%. If you pay 0% instead of 20% the discount on the price you would have paid is actually just under 17%.

Point of information #2: The offer is only available on "selected petrol stock" Fabia, Roomster and Octavia. So someone after a diesel Yeti is probably still better off going to a broker, or to autoebid, if they want to drive the price as low as possible (sorry James).

I gathered that the Vat Free offer only applied to vehicles ordered and delivered by 30th September. That leaves nine weeks. Does it not take anything up to six months for some models to arrive? In which case you're not going to qualify. So just leaves the offer applicable to stock vehicles, presumably.

I gathered that the Vat Free offer only applied to vehicles ordered and delivered by 30th September. That leaves nine weeks. Does it not take anything up to six months for some models to arrive? In which case you're not going to qualify. So just leaves the offer applicable to stock vehicles, presumably.

It applies at the point of order.

You get a form with the price stated on it. :thumbup:

I did anyway. And so got no increase when 2011 caused price rises and a higher VAT rate.

It applies at the point of order.

You get a form with the price stated on it. :thumbup:

I did anyway. And so got no increase when 2011 caused price rises and a higher VAT rate.

So it says it HAS to arrive by 30th September to qualify....but you're saying that even if it's AFTER that date, you'll still qualify. Obviously that's what a prospective buyer would want - but why would it say it has to arrive by that date, otherwise you don't get the discount? It's not likely to encourage buyers who haven't had your first hand experience and who have heard that it could take up to six months to come.?

Maybe dealers clarify it at the time you order, but can't see why they put it on the website....? :wonder:

Got to love a pedantic Scot. I was making a generalism as to why DtD could no longer find a dealer able to fulfill their criteria in order to advertise Skodas.