Rubber mat problem

My local dealer said that skoda no longer made rubber mats for my 08 octavia, so I ordered some "genuine" ones online.

Other mats that I have had for other cars all clip into the studs in the carpet, but not these.

My new rubber mats do not clip into the studs, they just set in and subsequently fall out. I have a slight suspicion that they are not manufactured right. Any ideas?

Stud in floor:

12.jpg

Underside of mat which stud normally would click in to:

DSC_0078small.jpg

I have the rubber mats on my 2010 VRS and to be honest they don't "click" either. I have used them for 11 months without them moving though.

Mmmmmm... have a set in the boot at the moment, I'll put them in again when the weather turns wetter.

Mine too do not click in and I keep having to reseat the drivers side mat after every journey as it comes off the studs and seems to bunch up near the pedals...not an ideal situation!

was thinking about maybe adding a couple of self adhesive velco strips to the underside of the mat and floor carpet to keep them in place and stop slippage.

From that photo, it looks like the rubber around the recess for the clip is too thick.

Did those studs come with the mats you ordered, or were those already there?

From that photo, it looks like the rubber around the recess for the clip is too thick.

Did those studs come with the mats you ordered, or were those already there?

Studs come with the car IIRC.

those are the studs that came with the car. The studs supplied with the mats are identical to those pictured, ie they do not correctly fit the mats! In every other car that has studs the mats click into the studs

My 07 Scout has the same mats & look to be same studs. They don't clip but due to the weight they don't move. They are more of a locator than a clip. My previous 06 4X4 had mounts that 'clipped'