Squeaking noise

noticed a wierd squeak noise at around 1800 revs when accelarating gently (i do sometimes!)

At first I thought it might have been the throttle pedal, but only does it when the car is running....actually might be only when the car is moving, but it seems to happen around the same time as the supercharger starts.

so my guess is they are connected - its a very different noise to the whistle / whine of the supercharger :D

any thoughts? :thumbup:

noticed a wierd squeak noise at around 1800 revs when accelarating gently (i do sometimes!)

At first I thought it might have been the throttle pedal, but only does it when the car is running....actually might be only when the car is moving, but it seems to happen around the same time as the supercharger starts.

so my guess is they are connected - its a very different noise to the whistle / whine of the supercharger :D

any thoughts? :thumbup:

Mine too!

This has been discussed here...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/206636-fabia-vrs-squeaks/

According to my dealer, they've spoken to Skoda and it is the CV Joints squeaking and they've ordered some special lube from Skoda to put on them to fix it.....OH is taking it in tomorrow for them to do this and then to tell them what a load of nonsense they are talking! They completely rejected the idea that it is the drive off the supercharger.....

Take it in to your dealer and see what they say...we can compare notes! lol

mine is doing the same.. took mine in on monday and took the mech for a drive, for the sound to happen only very slightly, once!! (happened everytime all the way there)...

there has been a meeting about this noise up top, something to do with the magnetic clutch for the supercharger vibrating too much when starting the charger up (slight bit more acceleration) causing the horrible whiry/screechy sound.. skoda are making a new supercharger and will swap the old ones for free, possibly a recall of all the vRS's..

oh, and there is no apparent damage being causes so the screechy ones are still safe to drive =D

As far as I know as per the last info we have they have now changed the drive of the charger but the parts cannot be retro fitted as it's a change in how they are mounted to the engine which is different.

The noise is not a fault nearly a by product of a magnetic clutch and doesn't cause any problem so live with it basically.

Thanks for all your replies guys....as long its not causing any damage I can put up with it.

If it gets worse will go back to the dealers, just to get it on recored :thumbup:

Mine has been in this morning to have the CV Joints greased........except they weren't! The chief-techie guy stopped it from happening, saying that they've been notified by Skoda of a problem with the supercharger and the clutch and that greasing won't help it, surprise, surprise.......expect a recall of vRS's soon by all accounts - the squeak isn't damaging - just annoying lol