New RNS510/Columbus 39xx firmware

3T0*********680A

Not wanting to put all the details on the web as unsure about the details I've been given, & security etc.

That's just a part number, it's not specific to your individual unit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed 3984 today in my Superb, and the new maps v7.2. It works like a charm, now I can even change language to Swedish, at last :) (but no swedish voice commands yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dekagon

• 4 weeks later...

Well its installed ok.

The link I installed was the last one in the first post.

I had the 7.1 maps already and these have not been erased, neither did my music. Everything seems to work fine, startup is faster from what I can tell.

My Columbus is the original as fitted to my September 2008 Superb, and is Hardware version H04.

...I done exactly as manny said above and firware succesfully instaled but got my hardisc music and my 7.1 maps erased and its now asking for a navigation cd and the the version comes up in setup as 3984 not 3980, anyone else tried it???...noe im feeding it the 7.2 maps and i can see that my favorite destinations in the memory are not wiped out but my hd music is ..i had a modified josi fw 2764 where i could see the hidden menu but i seem after the fw update to not get that anymore

Edited by john123

• 2 weeks later...

Installed from FW 2720 in "A" (HW42 in the label, march 2011) unit and all ok. Maps and music not erased ( current version 7.1).

Now the unit appears both setup function or VCDS as "B" unit.

I'm just installing 7.2 maps into hdd unit.

Edited by ferdinandus

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

Just got a Columbus and looking to get the latest firmware and 7.2 maps on there.

It is running a 27xx firmware at the moment, I will do a scan in a moment and get the exact details. Looking to upgrade to the latest 3xxx firmware really and get the 3 partitions.

The label on the Colubus says it is 3T0 with a C suffix, but when I go in to the version info it says it is a 3T0 with a A suffix - is this right or has this had the cover swapped? According to the label it was manufactured 2009 but from the version info it is a H03 hardware version - does this all seem to add up?

I have got it working on the Maxidot by disabling BAP but the MFSW buttons don't work - once I am in the NAV or AUDIO menu the only way to get back out is by turning the Columbus off. I presume I need to use Josi's CD with the table swap on it to get the Steering Wheel and stalk buttons working? I have an upgraded CAN Gateway so no need to worry about battery drain.

What revision is this unit likely to be as I don't want to brick it with a firmware it doesn't support!

Thanks

Anyone ha 3980 fw for pre-face lift O2?

I'm on 3814 on pre-FL with Columbus and updated CAN if that is of any help to you...

Was downloaded from my gti website using the link under 'Download Location (RNS 510 A, B and C)'.

Edited by KBPhoto

Guys

Just got a Columbus and looking to get the latest firmware and 7.2 maps on there.

It is running a 27xx firmware at the moment, I will do a scan in a moment and get the exact details. Looking to upgrade to the latest 3xxx firmware really and get the 3 partitions.

The label on the Colubus says it is 3T0 with a C suffix, but when I go in to the version info it says it is a 3T0 with a A suffix - is this right or has this had the cover swapped? According to the label it was manufactured 2009 but from the version info it is a H03 hardware version - does this all seem to add up?

I have got it working on the Maxidot by disabling BAP but the MFSW buttons don't work - once I am in the NAV or AUDIO menu the only way to get back out is by turning the Columbus off. I presume I need to use Josi's CD with the table swap on it to get the Steering Wheel and stalk buttons working? I have an upgraded CAN Gateway so no need to worry about battery drain.

What revision is this unit likely to be as I don't want to brick it with a firmware it doesn't support!

Thanks

Current firmware is 2764 and using Josi's image for swapping the tables I now have working MFSW and Maxidot emoticon-0148-yes.gif

So, what firmware shall I load to get the 3 partitions and etc? Asking the experts before I break something as I am new to this upgrading firmwares on Columbus lark emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Look under hidden menu Testmode->Versions for HW Vehicle and HW Radio

HW Vehicle:

0xC001 - A

0xC201 - B

0xC801 - C

HW Radio:

0003 - A

0004 - B

0006 - C

If it is revision B or C unit, you can load firmware 3980 and then again apply the image for swapping the tables.

Look under hidden menu Testmode->Versions for HW Vehicle and HW Radio

HW Vehicle:

0xC001 - A

0xC201 - B

0xC801 - C

HW Radio:

0003 - A

0004 - B

0006 - C

If it is revision B or C unit, you can load firmware 3980 and then again apply the image for swapping the tables.

Revision B - Good news!

Do I need to load any firmware version in between so I get the POI partition?

Thanks for all your help Josi.

once I am in the NAV or AUDIO menu the only way to get back out is by turning the Columbus off. I presume I need to use Josi's CD with the table swap on it to get the Steering Wheel and stalk buttons working?

This is exactly the issue that I've got as well - everything seems to work OK, but once I go into Audio or Nav on Maxidot, I'm stuck there until I switch the Columbus off. I've got a 3T0 035 680A model (July 2010) with f/w 3800 and 7.1 maps. Be very interested to know if it's poss to get round this prob as everything else is great...

• 2 weeks later...

the firmware posted are for rns510 or columbus? do I need to swap tables or someone know where I can find the right one? now I'm on 2760ogw on a "B" unit but I want to install v8 maps...

just another question, where I can find the Josi's cd?

thanks

edit:

installed 3980 downloaded elsewhere works without any tables swap, but I lost vocal commands (that work perfctly in english with 2760) is it a known problem?

Edited by ares201

• 3 months later...

Since this thread is regarding firmware lets keep to that topic.

Regarding V8 maps, these can be bought legally through a VW dealer. Seems Skoda are a bit behind the times and still on V7.2. The VW version will be fine with a Skoda Columbus and the VW disk actually contains the Skoda POI data.

BUMP!

I really need the 3980 FW for a revision B unit with MAXIDOT enabled. Has anyone got an updated link? Please?!

Just load the 3980 firmware and then the Table swap from http://depositfiles.com/files/d5a4eyltf assuming that what you want is to get the MFSW and Maxidot working

Have a look here for more info http://vwnavi.com/volkswagen-factory-fit-navigation-systems/rns-510-mfd3-navi-system/firmware/13672-unofficial-272x-software-swl-recovery-cd.html