Climatronic self diagnose mode

Hi nav87,

Link below for exploded view of air con system and it gives the part numbers. The motor you require looks to be right behind the centre console. If you plan on doing it yourself im told its a BIG job, but the diagram at least points you where you need to be.

That's a good trick !! Just tested mine and got 444 00. I've never got ice-cold air out of my Climatronic so can someone confirm the correct settings please, as I think the instructions in the Owners Manual are cr4p ?

Thanks/regards

Rob

Edited by comfortablynumb

That's a good trick !! Just tested mine and got 444 00. I've never got ice-cold air out of my Climatronic so can someone confirm the correct settings please, as I think the instructions in the Owners Manual are cr4p ?

Thanks/regards

Rob

Because it is a climate control system it will only reduce the air temperature from the vents a small amount if there is only a small difference between requested and actual temperatures. Therefore to see if you can get really cold air you must increase this difference by, for example, pushing the cold button to the minimum temperature limit and perhaps also increasing the fan speed (although this should increase automatically). If you still don't get cold air you may need a re-gas.

Make sure first that the system is in auto - the cooling function is turned off when in Econ.

The way to use it is to set to your desired temperature and then forget about it.

I keep mine in Econ unless I need cooling or need to remove window condensation, in which case I select Auto.

When in Econ I also select the two middle buttons to give a draught at the vents and feet but leave fan speed for the system to select. Works for me!

Edited by pikpilot

• 2 years later...

I am getting error code 214 00, how should I rectify it. The A/c is not cooling

Error codes are in hexadecimal. 

214 equates to 532 in decimal

Ross - Tek give the following for this code:

00532 - Supply Voltage B+ 00532 - Supply Voltage B+: Signal too Low Possible Causes
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module faulty
  • Power Supply (Battery/Generator) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module
  • Check Power Supply (Battery/Generator)
Special Notes
  • When found in an individual control module, it's most likely a local source (e.g. wiring/connectors).
  • When found in multiple control modules at the same time, it's most likely a common source (e.g. ground spot, battery, generator).
  • Intermittent codes are often stored during low outside temperature when the battery capacity goes down and may be ignored.
  • Common with 16946/P0562/001378 - System Voltage: Too Low stored in other control modules.

My guess is that you may have a poor supply or earth connector.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I'm getting F4A which is the recirculation motor.

I'm also getting 318 which is the ACTUAL pressure switch... http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00792

Can't find anything on YouTube about replacong the pressure switch but is it possible that the fault.is being thrown up because of the recirculation motor and the flap being stuck?

• 5 years later...

As I said in earlier posts on this thread, the numbers are in hexadecimal (the last h on the right hand display).

If you don't how to convert hex to decimal, use a scientific calculator or an on line converter. Then look up the decimal fault code on line.

4fa (in hex) is 1274 in decimal 

This is the decode of the fault code:-

01274 - Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71): Faulty

Possible Causes

• Wiring/Connectors from/to Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71) faulty
  • Positioning Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71) blocked
  • Positioning Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71) faulty

Possible Solutions

• Check Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)
    • See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
    • Perform Output Test
    • Perform Basic Setting
  • Check/Repair Wiring and Connectors

36 minutes ago, pikpilot said:

As I said in earlier posts on this thread, the numbers are in hexadecimal (the last h on the right hand display).

If you don't how to convert hex to decimal, use a scientific calculator or an on line converter. Then look up the decimal fault code on line.

4fa (in hex) is 1274 in decimal 

This is the decode of the fault code:-

01274 - Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71): Faulty

Possible Causes

• Wiring/Connectors from/to Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71) faulty
  • Positioning Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71) blocked
  • Positioning Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71) faulty

Possible Solutions

• Check Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)
    • See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
    • Perform Output Test
    • Perform Basic Setting
  • Check/Repair Wiring and Connectors

i kinda got that air flow flap motor thing, but can that thing make my aircon not blow cold air?