Hubcentric Spacers

I am wanting some spacers for the rear of my Octavia RS as I have just dropped it 30mm.

1.) Is there any reason why I shouldnt buy these? and being as it just looks like a chunk of alloy is there any reason why H & R other than a brand name would be preferable over these?

EDIT: oops forgot the clicky

2.) Should I get some small ones for the front wheels or not?

Cheers in advance,

VRSDanny

Edited by VRSDanny

Personally, I think 15mm are the most you want on the rear. I think 20 would stick out a little too far. I haven't got spacers on the front and am happy with the stance but I know others on here dont like it. Mine were bought on the bay and have been absolutely fine.

Personally, I think 15mm are the most you want on the rear. I think 20 would stick out a little too far. I haven't got spacers on the front and am happy with the stance but I know others on here dont like it. Mine were bought on the bay and have been absolutely fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you got a photo of yours before/after the 15mm? and if anyone else with 20mm is reading this can you possibly post a pic of the rear stance after? cheers.

:thumbup:

Danny, your tastes maybe different, but I fitted 15mm spacers on the back of mine and removed them after 10 minutes as I thought they stuck out to far. If you go with that size however I think you need to add 10mm to the front.

Carls set up is exactly that, however bare in mind he was running 17" Zeniths, I saw these in the flesh and it looked perfect which inspired me to order some also, however on 18's they looked differnet.

Once modding work finishes on Swmbos new car and I have some spare cash I will either be getting a set of the H&R 8mm hubcentric spacers that Nick P has fitted to his (these are only available in true hubcentric direct from Germany, do not be fooled by the ones on DPM website - they are NOT hubcentric). The alternative for me is to change the wheels and go for a different offset eg: ET45 which will sit the wheels out a further 12mm. :thumbup:

Although they seem like a lump of metal the difference in machining quality is what really counts, a bad quality spacer may not sit perfectly flush to the bell/hub and cause rumbling.

HTH, Lee.

Thanks for that, im deffinately inclined to go for 15mm after seeing that!

Danny, your tastes maybe different, but I fitted 15mm spacers on the back of mine and removed them afetr 10 minutes as I thought they stuck out to far. If you go with that size however I think you need to add 10mm to the front.

Carls set up is exactly that, however bare in mind he was running 17" Zeniths, I saw these in the flesh and it looked perfect which inspired me to order some also, however on 18's they looked differnet.

Once modding work finishes on Swmbos new car and I have some spare cash I will either be getting a set of the H&R 8mm hubcentric spacers that Nick P has fitted to his (these are only available in true hubcentric direct from Germany, do not be fooled by the ones on DPM website - they are NOT hubcentric). The alternative for me is to change the wheels and go for a different offset eg: ET45 which will sit the wheels out a further 12mm. :thumbup:

Although they seem like a lump of metal the difference in machining quality is what really counts, a bad quality spacer may not sit perfectly flush to the bell/hub and cause rumbling.

HTH, Lee.

Yeh im only running the 17's Zeniths too so 15mm looks to be the best option! Thanks for the write up buddy, useful info!

Thanks for that, im deffinately inclined to go for 15mm after seeing that!

Yeh im only running the 17's Zeniths too so 15mm looks to be the best option! Thanks for the write up buddy, useful info!

In that case drop Ben (Shark_90) a PM. :thumbup:

LOL!!!!! couldnt be bothered to open the lockers for the pic! just fitted the springs and spacers now... looks ok actually. may nip off and get some pics but there isnt anywhere good around here :(

EDIT: Excuse the poor quality, will try to take some decent photos tomorrow, rather than from over the road through the window at full zoom on my iphone LOL!.

283964_10150757050460584_569460583_20248844_3275873_n.jpg

Edited by VRSDanny

So what about 18' zeniths, 10mm max at the back?? i'm currently sittin on Eibach pro springs and OEM Dampers.

I have 15mm spacers on the rear. Good luck finding any decent 10mm hubcentric spacers though as they are prone to faults on the hub due to there being insufficent metal thickness.

IMG_2454a.jpg

So what about 18' zeniths, 10mm max at the back?? i'm currently sittin on Eibach pro springs and OEM Dampers.

Nick P has H&R 8mm hubcentric spacers on his car, and are proper hubcentric with the lip, only available from Germany though so with postage and longer bolts not much change from 100 quid. Drop him a PM, I'm sure he will give you the details. :thumbup:

Unfortunately these are not hubcentric, they have the same part no. as the ones from DPM, again its the picture which is deceiving (for illustration purposes only no doubt). Nick P will confirm that the part no. 16555719 is the one needed to ensure the spacers have the machined lip and are proper hubcentric, which after a lot of searching are only available from the land of sausage, or the US. :thumbdown:

By all means email them for confirmation and if it turns out I'm wrong, please put me down for a set. :thumbup:

This is part of a PM Nick sent to me to advise of the difference:

No UK suppliers stock the H&R 150mm diameter hubcentric 8mm spacers (162555719). They only have the 1655571 (note the missing 9 off the end of the product code. There is another variant with a 6 on the end, which you don't want either (it's 125mm diameter).

EDIT: H&R Spacers - 162555719.