Tomtom 750

kit

After speaking to a few folk on here about a sat nav i went for a tomtom 750...straight out of the box its all in Polish!!!...so had to spend half an hour with Tomtom support who i have to say were very helpful trying to sort it out. Next was there was no voice available!!...So had to sort that out!...Now here's the problem...how do i get rid of susan or kate or whoever she is and her annoying American voice? The only other option seems to be a Enlish bloke voice!!!...Any ideas?

Cheers

Kit

I have the 730. Good bit of kit. Never had any of the issues you've listed though!

Have you hooked it upto TomTom Home on your PC yet? Do that and sorting voice stuff out will be easier. There's dozens of choices for standard voices on mine.

After speaking to a few folk on here about a sat nav i went for a tomtom 750...straight out of the box its all in Polish!!!

I'd blame whoever advised you to get the tomtom kit! ;)

Follow Steve's info and report back if you've still got problems.

I wonder who that was Johnboy?!!! :) Have hooked it up to tomtom home and there seems to be only two options for voice...an American girl or English bloke!!

I think the language was down to pixmania shipping from abroad!!

K:)

I have the TomTom 940 and it came in English. But as Steve says, once you hook it up to your TomTom Home programme, everything becomes much easier. I even installed a free Darth Vader voice for a while, all from the TomTom Home site. Plus you can change your position cursor to match your w=own car if you like. I had Homer Simpson for a while :D

In my view, the 'custom' voices are possibly the most annoying and pointless change ever created - SO annoying. Others may disagree ;)

And yes, I have an Octy cursor emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Still wasnt working so uninstalled TT home and reinstalled it and it seems to be ok now :) Had a bit of a moment when i first put in a desination it just sat there saying "waiting for authorised GPS" for an age!!!....but just input address again and off it went :)Even have a lovely lady from the home counties telling me where to turn :) Where do most folk stick the window clamp? In the middle seems a bit too far to reach and righthand side of steering wheel seem a bit close!!! Thanks everyone but knowing me il be back asking questions in no time!! ;)

Kit :)

Glad you seem sorted emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Initial GPS lock will take a while, the first time - or when the unit's not been on for a while and needs to do a full boot - same if the battery completely discharges.

I have a Brodit dash mount for mine...

In my view, the 'custom' voices are possibly the most annoying and pointless change ever created - SO annoying. Others may disagree ;)

And yes, I have an Octy cursor emoticon-0148-yes.gif

As you can see from my post, I only had the 'funny' voice for a while. It was good for a giggle, but then one day I found myself in London and the ruddy thing kept talking about jumping to hyperspace.

:( :D

I had the "Ozzy Osbourne" voice for a while... Was quite amusing although the time I gave a couple of elderly church goers a lift somewhere and Ozzy told me to "turn right at the end of the F**king road" was a little embarrassing emoticon-0136-giggle.gif