Wiper removal.

JTG

Hi all, is there a trick or particular technique to remove the windscreen wipers? I've undone the boltS but the wiper arms appears to be stuck on with some kind of super adhesive previously unknown to man.

I've sprayed some gt85 hoping this will help loosen them up a bit. Is it just a case of brute strength?

I'm wanting to replace my pollen filter ad at the same time clean up any gunk lurking under the plastic covery thingy.

Ok, I only managed to get the driver side arm off. Gave up with the other and broke the drivers one putting it back in by over tightening the nut.

So now I need a new arm. Brilliant.

Ok, I only managed to get the driver side arm off. Gave up with the other and broke the drivers one putting it back in by over tightening the nut.

So now I need a new arm. Brilliant.

Whoops. As they are splined, you only need to nip the nut up. Assemble with a bit of copper-slip (or similar) to make life easier. Is possible to change the pollen filter without removing the panel, but then granted, it is harder to remove the dead leaves, etc in there.

If you get it all off, it is worth removing the rear end of the front wheel arch liners and digging out the compost and then washing through from above.

I have my normal wiper arms in my garage, as I fitted mk4 Golf aero arms, but we are not exactly close! I suggest trying your local scrap yard.

Edited by mbames