Aux In, and how do I use it?

Hi everyone, this is probably just me being a bit thick about the whole thing.

I just bought a Fabia Mk2 P3, the Aux In plug is nestled quite nicely between the front seats but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to play music from it.

I've had a fiddle with the radio settings and can find one called 'Aux' on/off but even when it's left to on I can't find any method of playing from it.

If the plug is there and it's mentioned in the radio settings I'd assume it is actually usable, and not just a useless plug. I've tried reading the manual but it just tells me to read the relevant part on the radio instructions, but can't find the relevant part in the radio section.

I don't have the multi function stick for controlling the radio, if that helps.

So, am I just being an idiot and missing a big button marked 'Aux In'? Or am I thinking that I have more features than I really do.

Cheers for the help.

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

What kind of aux cable works for skoda fabia 1.4 tdi classic 2009 model.

Aux in point is there nearby atmrest/handbreak.

Please help i am not able to find aux cord for my car.

If possible share the pic of aux @ [email protected]

Thanks.

You just need something like this mate.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/connectivity/aux-cable/halfords-3-5mm-aux-cable-blue?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Connectivity-_-Aux+Cable-_-150692&_$ja=tsid:60494%7Ccgn:GoogleShopping%7Ckw:150692&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=rmlrrwppl&istBid=tzwt&_$ja=tsid:35522%7Ccid:370299964%7Cagid:25119775684%7Ctid:pla-48920812335%7Ccrid:88725303604%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:2850128476548538654%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1o1&gclid=CjwKEAiAp_WyBRD37bGB_ZO9qAYSJAA72IkgEhlkfEHJa6oth2346GLfrhxcnLDoAJkm_J-_L7TxtBoClGvw_wcB

Can get em from loads of places. Just needs 3.5mm headphone jack on both ends.

Plug into the headphone jack on your device, and in the car, and click 'media' on the headunit.. Then 'aux'.

I got one at the time I bought the car from Skoda. Just a  mini jack at each end. They had choice of short or longer, I had the short. Only a few quid and was in the car as I collected it. After 5 years, I found the end a bit wobbly, meaning it goes mono-stereo-mono, if you get the meaning. Was not sure if it was the cable or the aux socket so got new, 1M long cable from Ebay for a few quid and it seems fine. I think the short cable had too much tension on it, with my old school iPod mini nestling in the rear console pocket.

The cd/aux button on the stereo facia swaps from cd to aux with each successive press.(Dance). Very rarely, I've had no sound come out... Turn the system off and on again and its fine. Just some sort of glitch.