Engine Bay Plans

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is with your air filter!!!!

Surely that cant be any good for performance, it's tiny!!!!

Steve :)

And it is one of those horrid heat soaking sponges.....

sorry chuckvrs43 those filters not very good for these motors.

You bloody copy cat! lol. vRS sticker on the rocker lol.

Started my inlet polishing today. Got a sanding wheel from the market and started it on the car. MAnaged to get a fair bit of it off just need todo the pipes and the underside.

Does anyone know where you can get 800 grit sanding discs? I want to be lazy and just use a machine todo it lol.

And it is one of those horrid heat soaking sponges.....

sorry chuckvrs43 those filters not very good for these motors.

I know it was all i could afford at the time, and i got it for £60 after discount for late delivery. Will be making a heat shield for it soon then be getting a CAI when can justify the hundred odd £'s. Im not racing anywhere so it fine for now. :)

You bloody copy cat! lol. vRS sticker on the rocker lol.

Started my inlet polishing today. Got a sanding wheel from the market and started it on the car. MAnaged to get a fair bit of it off just need todo the pipes and the underside.

Does anyone know where you can get 800 grit sanding discs? I want to be lazy and just use a machine todo it lol.

LOL i wouldnt say copy cat as i ordered the decals ment calipers months ago when i was looking for anything to stick on the rocker and saw someone with a boot vrs logo on theres. I only fitted them no as i waiting for it to be painted and gettting other bits done first. Looks OK though i think. B)

On the Oil Catch can front.........

Was going to get one from Saikou Michi as it needs to be 19mm but just spotted this on awesome website.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=40597&xSec=1860

Would it work? preffer to get one from uk if possible. am i right in thinking 3/4" is 19mm too??

cheers

I know it was all i could afford at the time, and i got it for £60 after discount for late delivery. Will be making a heat shield for it soon then be getting a CAI when can justify the hundred odd £'s. Im not racing anywhere so it fine for now. :)

I would of saved the £60 and put it towards what you really wanted, as putting that on is actually a reduction in performance. You could get a CAI pipe /kit on EBay for £40 and fit your pipercross filter to it :thumbup:

Even with a heat shield the engine bay will still drive heat around that area, better off putting std airbox back in and forget heatshield then fit a CAI when you have funds IMO.

appreciate it is your car though...

P.S like the black cam cover, not seen many that colour. Would go well with a black inlet mani..

what a response !!!!!!!!!!!! why not leave the standard airbox in?? this was designed by top engineers and flow tested costing millions and yet you feel the need to replace it with crap that will make your car run less power!! words fail me !!1

do yourself a favour and put the standard airbox back on and maybe read up on whats good and whats not for these cars will help you in the long run !!!!

what a response !!!!!!!!!!!! why not leave the standard airbox in?? this was designed by top engineers and flow tested costing millions and yet you feel the need to replace it with crap that will make your car run less power!! words fail me !!1

do yourself a favour and put the standard airbox back on and maybe read up on whats good and whats not for these cars will help you in the long run !!!!

Wo sorry dude! As you can tell i am a newbie to these cars/turbos's and was drawn to the tsssssssch noise like a fly to **** i spose. But hey least i have vrs i spose................;)

I would of saved the £60 and put it towards what you really wanted, as putting that on is actually a reduction in performance. You could get a CAI pipe /kit on EBay for £40 and fit your pipercross filter to it :thumbup:

Even with a heat shield the engine bay will still drive heat around that area, better off putting std airbox back in and forget heatshield then fit a CAI when you have funds IMO.

P.S like the black cam cover, not seen many that colour. Would go well with a black inlet mani..

Ok mate cheers for giving advice rather than shooting me down lol.

I was looking at those CAI from ebay but seem to remember i read the piping can peel off inside and send metal flakes into turbo??

Think i will look into fitting standard air bix back in then for time being, untill affording £200 for CAI. But if tssssch noise isnt there, prob fit it back on lol like i said previusly, i am not racing anyone or anywhere so it do for now.

Also bowders, i went black on cam cover for that reason, and also think black engine bay go well with the black car. I was going to polish mani first then if doesnt look right, and if it too much effort to keep clean and shinny i was going to powder coat it black.

Throttle body black too.

Wo sorry dude! As you can tell i am a newbie to these cars/turbos's and was drawn to the tsssssssch noise like a fly to **** i spose. But hey least i have vrs i spose................;)

maybe as newbie before you go doing things to your car it would be wise to read about things first plenty of info and help on here!!!

all well and good liking the noise but as the filter you have on prob isnt very good at filtering you have potentially caused wear to certain parts lowering there life cycle!!!

i suppose having a vrs does help ive had 4 lol

the process of modding a car should be to get the best from it and make it work better and last longer imo something that if you follow will serve you well with the vrs they are good engines and turbo's if looked after but they will **** themselfs when peole mess with them with no idea of what there doing

good luck if you need advise on upgrades before you buy them stick a post up and people will tell you the pro's and con's then you can make a better judgement on what to fit hth

maybe as newbie before you go doing things to your car it would be wise to read about things first plenty of info and help on here!!!

all well and good liking the noise but as the filter you have on prob isnt very good at filtering you have potentially caused wear to certain parts lowering there life cycle!!!

i suppose having a vrs does help ive had 4 lol

the process of modding a car should be to get the best from it and make it work better and last longer imo something that if you follow will serve you well with the vrs they are good engines and turbo's if looked after but they will **** themselfs when peole mess with them with no idea of what there doing

good luck if you need advise on upgrades before you buy them stick a post up and people will tell you the pro's and con's then you can make a better judgement on what to fit hth

i have been doing loads of research etc, check my content :dull:

Im on the case for getting a CAI now, i know shouldnt prob got pipercross, but i like the noise. prob get a ebay induction and paint pipe work black to keep with the black engine bay plans as cant justify thw £200 for carbon one, rather run standard box but tidying engine bay so dont want to. hence cheap ebay option.

Tbf i havn't noticed much performance drop since induction kit fitted, but spose i cant tell till tonight once ive fitted stadard box back on. we will see.

"had" unlucky! :p

cheer up and smile!

Im on the case for getting a CAI now, i know shouldnt prob got pipercross, but i like the noise. prob get a ebay induction and paint pipe work black to keep with the black engine bay plans as cant justify thw £200 for carbon one, rather run standard box but tidying engine bay so dont want to. hence cheap ebay option.

Tbf i havn't noticed much performance drop since induction kit fitted, but spose i cant tell till tonight once ive fitted stadard box back on. we will see.

cheer up and smile!

fit the standard one on and fit a 3 inch cold air feed to it ;-) will become more noticable in the summer months

i could have another 4 vrs tommorow if i wanted but i dont been there seen it got the t-shirts lol but maybe i have something special in the garage who knows ;-) lol

fit the standard one on and fit a 3 inch cold air feed to it ;-) will become more noticable in the summer months

i could have another 4 vrs tommorow if i wanted but i dont been there seen it got the t-shirts lol but maybe i have something special in the garage who knows ;-) lol

think i going to ebay job n paint. Wanna tart up engine bay a bit :thumbup:B)

cheer up and smile!

Ignore missingmyvrs(AKA Clive) as if he does not eat regularly he gets crotchy, tactfulness is not his fortee..... :giggle: but we love him....

You are not the first person to fit one of those filters and not the last. I would use this forum to make the most of your modding and use the folks experiences on here to get priceless knowledge. Of course it is always up to the individual use that knowledge or not.

The age old question on CAI verses std air box comes up on here more times than a prostitute draws come off.

There are a few members on here that has stated flaky paint on some ebay pipes but not many. Just keep a eye on the pipe. Billy painted his black and it looks sweet.

As Clives states if you do go CAI the filter on the end of it is the important bit. K&N is a very good option. I may have one for sale soon if i go for a change.

I would also state ref your inlet mani go for polished first, not too much work and does not need a lot of maintenance, Mine still looks good after a 3 monthly polish with something like autoglym.

If you don't like it then can still spray it. :thumbup:

Ignore missingmyvrs(AKA Clive) as if he does not eat regularly he gets crotchy, tactfulness is not his fortee..... :giggle: but we love him....

You are not the first person to fit one of those filters and not the last. I would use this forum to make the most of your modding and use the folks experiences on here to get priceless knowledge. Of course it is always up to the individual use that knowledge or not.

The age old question on CAI verses std air box comes up on here more times than a prostitute draws come off.

There are a few members on here that has stated flaky paint on some ebay pipes but not many. Just keep a eye on the pipe. Billy painted his black and it looks sweet.

As Clives states if you do go CAI the filter on the end of it is the important bit. K&N is a very good option. I may have one for sale soon if i go for a change.

I would also state ref your inlet mani go for polished first, not too much work and does not need a lot of maintenance, Mine still looks good after a 3 monthly polish with something like autoglym.

If you don't like it then can still spray it. :thumbup:

Anywhere i can see a pic of Billys? Thats what i think i will do, paint it black.

You have a link for the filter anywhere or is it just any K&N induction filter?

Yeah getting one end sept that is part polished so will finish polishing on it and see how it looks on. Prob powder coat other one n see which i prefer and sell the other :thumbup:

i was being nice lol

much love towards everyone esp newbies

p.s I do try to be nice honest i will give anyone advise when i can just sometimes i may come across a bit funny but thats because im jealous of all you vrs owners lol

Edited by missingmyvrs