Bigger rims

heineoen

Hi!

I've got a good offer on 18" inch rims with tire size 225-40-18" emoticon-0164-cash.gif

Offset = 38

Will it fit on my Roomie and what would be compromised?

mhhh...I do not think they fit. AFAIK, the maximum measure is R17 84W 205/40. And, if there is a remote chance, you will compromise road comfort. Stick to 15" or 16".

mhhh...I do not think they fit. AFAIK, the maximum measure is R17 84W 205/40. And, if there is a remote chance, you will compromise road comfort. Stick to 15" or 16".

aim ordering a set of 17s for my roomy to have a good ride stick with 17s but i have been told that you can put 18s on it

but the ride will be a bit hard i would like to see 18s on my car just to wot it looks like

but to it right 17s and the lowwer it by 30mm they told it will cost about 150.00 just for the springs

when ive done my roomy i try and put sum photos on the site i hope this helps pete

aim ordering a set of 17s for my roomy to have a good ride stick with 17s but i have been told that you can put 18s on it

but the ride will be a bit hard i would like to see 18s on my car just to wot it looks like

but to it right 17s and the lowwer it by 30mm they told it will cost about 150.00 just for the springs

when ive done my roomy i try and put sum photos on the site i hope this helps pete

Of course I was not considering savage tuning emoticon-0140-rofl.gif but normal optionals choice. BTW, in Italy we have limited choices since our MOT states on the official car documents a list of allowed tyre types.

And, I repeat, if you care just a bit about ride comfort and your wallet, 15" or max. 16" are the ideal choice. Otherwise, race tracks emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif,big bumps on everyday roads and a weepy wallet at every tyre change.

Edited by Lorenzo

I've got the 17" scout alloys on mine and eibach springs, it's a VERY hard ride, I love the handling and wouldn't change it back...... But you do have to 'drive around' road bumps... Unless you enjoy pain and possible permanent spine damage, lmao

I've got the 17" scout alloys on mine and eibach springs, it's a VERY hard ride, I love the handling and wouldn't change it back...... But you do have to 'drive around' road bumps... Unless you enjoy pain and possible permanent spine damage, lmao

hi paul how much was your springs for the rommy and how low are they thanks pete

ive seen a set of sport wheels at wheelmaniacs unit 4 imex auto centre tipton dudley dy4 7rq 0121/522/3551 go and have look

might be sumthink they for you pete

many thanks pete

p.s. you need to empty your pm box

Edited by fabia55

how do i do that. and about you got sum new wheels now mate did you buy eny winddefletors for your car pete

nah decided it would affect my fuel economy and i don't want to pay £30+ for a new set.

still same wheels, but done some colour coding.

did you see any tyres with those sport wheels? or were they jus the wheels on their own?

nah decided it would affect my fuel economy and i don't want to pay £30+ for a new set.

still same wheels, but done some colour coding.

did you see any tyres with those sport wheels? or were they jus the wheels on their own?

hi james yea them are with tyres give the a ring now arm in it and get a price pete

• 6 months later...

Hi!

I've got a good offer on 18" inch rims with tire size 225-40-18" emoticon-0164-cash.gif

Offset = 38

Will it fit on my Roomie and what would be compromised?

No they won't, rear inside wheel well liners will rub. Also, these are waaay too tall, at 635mm or so wheel diameter (standard diameter is 595mm ), so likely to be a problem in turns too.

I have successfully fitted 18" inch rims with tire size 215-35-18" :rock:

Offset = 45

With 3mm spacer in front cause of the break caliper.

~605mm diameter

At some point, I'll put 185/65/15 on my Roomster whenever I get it.

At 620mm diameter, these are about the tallest tyres you can use on Roomster under all conditions.

A quick search on Google reveals that Indian Roomsters do use 185/65R16 size. More comfort, less road noise and suspension wear, and ~2% saved on fuel. Handling won't suffer much compared to stock 195s.

Hi!

Hard to say. My Roomie came with 15s.

There is a big difference between front suspension and rear, the rear is pretty hard.

Think this is related to the Roomsters stiff axel at the rear, but I sit in the font so :)

For me it bring little concerns, I like the more sporty handling I got changing the rims :)