There's a shiny new Reg yeti on my drive

angrybeard

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello (is there a hello thread anywhere?).

Been reading the forum for a couple of months, before and since ordering my new Yeti which I received bright and early yesterday, So far so good. Purchased from Motorline skoda in Canterbury, ordered less than a month ago and since then I have been harassing Chris the ever so nice salesman as to the status, from storage, to Port, to Ship, to Sheerness and was at the dealership signing 'things' on Tuesday when the car transporter arrived with my Yeti on board.

Had to say good bye to my beloved Nissan X-tail SE+ which has served me for 5 and a half years, it was a sad event considering the adventures we have taken together, across western Europe, Scandinavia and others. But after several months of start up issues and the economy of a 10year old petrol 4x4 (which i might add was still getting better than original brochure milege on long trips) as well as the impending fear of warranty, service, M.O.T, tax, new tires and other things due, made me finally move on. Been testing, pricing and haggling for over 6 months, and after intially settling on a 1.5dci qashqai N-tec, the uselessness of my local Nissan dealers made me change my mind, and the VW quality and practicality of the Yeti won through, with the new Kia Sportage in second place.

I have to admit I hadn't driven a diesel demonstrator, and was a bit nervy due to this (seems to be no diesels demos in Kent), but took several trips in a nippy 1.2tsi and tried every car with a similar diesel engine that Skoda and VW had! I picked it up yesterday and so far its been great and haven't even tried the gadgets yet! I went for the Aqua blue reluctantly as it was all that was left out of the few UK options that were available, but actually quite like it, the elegance spec was chosen for similar reasons, but I think i would have gone for it anyway.

I look forward to taking part in the forum and would like to thank all those that have contributed so far in helping me made my decision and answering lots of questions I had in my head, the salesman told me to check out the site, possibly so I didn't give him a nervous breakdown! But its been a great help.

Look forward to speaking to you soon and happy motoring(or waiting in a lot of peoples cases!) :giggle:

That's excellent news and welcome to the Forum.

Be sure to keep us up to date and show us a picture of your Yeti once you get a chance.

You're goiong to love it more than your Nissan ;)

Youve made a good joice and welcome to the forum. I'm on my second year with a 2.0 Tdi 4x4 140 and have never regretted my purchase. Having been a Subaru devotee for more years than I care to remember reckon thats a pretty good endorsement for Skoda.

I love your profile name aye!!! Welcome and glad we could be of assistance. Enjoy the banter. And you better be quick so you can have the first 61 reg photos in this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/144075-yeti-forum-members-picture-thread/

Another Kent Yeti (Makes two of us :giggle: )Excellent. As the owner of a Cashcow before moving to the SM I guarantee you made a wise decision, not that the QQ is bad it's just that the SM is so much better.

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello (is there a hello thread anywhere?).

Welcome

Great to hear of another in the south east. We need to balance all those up norf. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

There is a hello thread on the home page of the Briskoda Forum, but not on the Yeti section.

I was doing some yeti-ing after posting yesterday, but took some quick pics as requested, but was to confused and rushed to post them last night, so I shall try now!

yeti1.jpg

yeti2.jpg

Hope that works, I shall take some proper pic's when i get a chance, that means after completing my intial task of cleaning and giving the car a good wax and any other sort of seal etc I can find!

I was doing some yeti-ing after posting yesterday, but took some quick pics as requested, but was to confused and rushed to post them last night, so I shall try now!

yeti1.jpg

yeti2.jpg

Hope that works, I shall take some proper pic's when i get a chance, that means after completing my intial task of cleaning and giving the car a good wax and any other sort of seal etc I can find!

now that looks seriously nice in the aqua blue.