Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MSFW)

My_Yeti

Hi,

I was looking at this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120772076909&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I understand the Yeti's MFSW has buttons on both sides, any idea whether this version with buttons on 1-side would fit? Mine does not come with a MFSW, just a plain steering wheel and it would be nice to have buttons on the steering wheel. It's from an Octavia. Several things I am unsure about:

1) Would it fit?

2) Can I use my existing airbag?

3) Is it codable, as mine is not MSFW?

If it does fit, what am I missing on the otherside?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by My_Yeti

Hi,

I was looking at this: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I understand the Yeti's MFSW has buttons on both sides, any idea whether this version with buttons on 1-side would fit? Mine does not come with a MFSW, just a plain steering wheel and it would be nice to have buttons on the steering wheel. It's from an Octavia. Several things I am unsure about:

1) Would it fit?

Thanks in advance!

I think you will find that it fits no problem, as I believe any Golf/Octavia steering wheel will fit the Yeti/Octavia. Mine is from a vRS.

It looks like your airbag should fit. - check with the piccies from the other MFSW thread.

As for whether it will work. Not sure on that, as yours is an 's', it might not have the relevant controller fitted, but if not I'm sure you could find one and fit it. Ben at Shark Performance might be able to help, as may TP. If you have the ETKA you could look up the parts.....

Thanks for the reply. I have been checking up on the parts that I need. It's good to know the airbag would fit, not sure if the steering wheel cover would fit though, as mine is a plain plastic one (no silver bit)....mmmm....possibly need more thinking!

Might need to reconsider before it get too expensive (I have read about the need of the controller as well), and perhaps also need to consider Maxi-Dot, given the compatibility with the MSFW.

Hi,

I was looking at this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120772076909&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

1) Would it fit?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

2) The airbag is MR 2009

3) Look here>>> My link

I think you need to change steering wheel module: Step 5

Use VAG cable : Auto-scan to identify the module mounted (module 16) save & print all Fault codes and verify code

GY

Hi

2) The airbag is MR 2009

3) Look here>>> My link

I think you need to change steering wheel module: Step 5

Use VAG cable : Auto-scan to identify the module mounted (module 16) save & print all Fault codes and verify code

GY

Hi GY,

Excellent guide. Thanks very much for your help! Perhaps a little too complicated for me to do though.

Edited by My_Yeti

It's from an Octavia. Several things I am unsure about:

1) Would it fit?

Thanks in advance!

1) Yes it will fit (So will any Skoda wheel with the newer style airbag)

2) Yes the airbag will fit (the 'steering wheel cover' with 'no silver bit' is the airbag)

3) Yes but I suspect you will need to upgrade your controller?

You are missing the Maxidot and telephone buttons on the R/H side (which I assume you don't have anyway?)

TBH I think it looks a bit odd with just the one set of buttons.

Hi GY,

Excellent guide. Thanks very much for your help! Perhaps a little too complicated for me to do though.

Thanks, without MaxiDot is more expensive MFSW ( stering+module+cable etc)

If you want look Here >>>> My link

GY

Edited by GiscoYeti

Thanks for the replies. I think I am not going to go through with it. The controller is quite pricy.

Ideally I want an MFSW, but will see in the future, but I think top of my list at the moment is cruise control, which is a simple fit and relatively cheap and effective.