Interior Light LED Swop

Hello,

Ive come to the conclusion that my interior lights are pretty useless!! And that a simple fix would be to swop them for some nice fancy white led bulbs! Ive done a google search on this and its drawn a few questions.

Im I right in thinking you need 2 capless 501 bulbs?

And one festoon bulb people have quoted 36mm and 38mm I assume because of the fitting for these that it may not matter to much.

Also do they need to have a canbus to stop the warning light coming on. Ive swopped my rear license plate bulbs and they required a canbus to stop the warning light coming on.

Or if someone is feeling extra nice could they post a link of were they got theres?

Thank you for any replies people can give :thumbup::D

See post #193 in this thread for items I pointed Mike toward.

He put some links in the post and there are before

and after pics later in the thread :thumbup:

No sweat with the whole Canbus thing either ;)

These bulbs aren't monitored as such, you'll keep

the dimming function too btw.

Hello,

Ive come to the conclusion that my interior lights are pretty useless!! And that a simple fix would be to swop them for some nice fancy white led bulbs! Ive done a google search on this and its drawn a few questions.

Im I right in thinking you need 2 capless 501 bulbs?

And one festoon bulb people have quoted 36mm and 38mm I assume because of the fitting for these that it may not matter to much.

Also do they need to have a canbus to stop the warning light coming on. Ive swopped my rear license plate bulbs and they required a canbus to stop the warning light coming on.

Or if someone is feeling extra nice could they post a link of were they got theres?

Thank you for any replies people can give :thumbup::D

i did mine and got the bits from halfords or i know super skoda do direct replacements.

i used 2 of these for the left & right L&R and 1 of these for the centre Center

Hope This Helps

Just to confirm because am a little confused what is the size for the centre light. Ive found the one in the thread 193# but it says 42mm???

Thanks everyone for the responses espically grr666 thanks for digging out that thread your a star mate :thumbup:

No sweat mate.

The contacts can be bent a little to accomodate 42mm.

It's better if its a tight fit as you can angle the

LED panel then and it stays put :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received my map lights I've ordered from the links kindly placed in this thread. Just waiting for the centre light, number plate lights and Phillips xenon bulbs to complete my lighting mods.

I've also got a mk4 golf arm rest to fit but trying to source a vrs seat cover to retrim it as posted on here too.

I plan to have all the alloys refurbed and have got some new centre caps to tidy them up. Then its paint the calipers time! Any tips on how to do this without removing them as I'm a technical biff!

Then its new style vrs badges and a new bonnet badge, a good detail and my vrs should look sweet as a nut. Might also consider having the rear windows tinted limo black (and a briskoda sticker to finish the job off).

Only issue you might come across is the LED's will light dimly when meant to be off. Only really noticeable in the dark. The answer is to solder a resistor of the appropriate type to the back of the festoon bulb - but I always forget which type of resistor is best. That's only if it bothers you though, it should be dimmer than the dash even on the lowest setting so not much of a distraction.

I've also got a mk4 golf arm rest to fit but trying to source a vrs seat cover to retrim it as posted on here too.

You need a ruined front seat cover from somebody who has had new covers/ re-trim. I'd put a request in the wanted section tbh. I was about to throw my worn fornt seat cover in the bin, when somebody said they would buy it for a few quid for covering an armrest.

:thumbup: