got my winter tyres

Have got my winter tyres sorted kleber quadraxen just got to win some bloody suitable rims on flebay now,has any one on here used them last year have found a few reviews online just hopeing for a bit more input

Edited by skodafab

Oddly i was looking at these tonight seems they are an all seasons tyre not a true winter weather tyre (dunno if that matters much) but i'm just going to order Avon Ice Touring ST

Have got my winter tyres sorted kleber quadraxen just got to win some bloody suitable on flebay now,has any one on here used them last year have found a few reviews online just hopeing for a bit more input

Do you mean you need some rims? I've won two sets (x4) of 16" x 6J alloy rims (112 5 stud fitment, takes 205/55/16 tyres) on ebay a couple of weeks ago (by accident, wasn't expecting to get both!) for my own winter tyre swaps, so I'm about to sell one set (VAG stamped, 6 spoke, from a Golf I think, vgc, no kerbing and perfectly round). Paid £100 for them and I notice you only live down the road so if you want to have a look and make me an offer let me know ASAP as I need to get around to listing them in the next week and clear some space in my garage!

I've been very impressed with my all season tyres, particularly in the snow last winter, but it does seem odd to go for all seasons then get another set of rims to only use them in the winter.

For me the point of all seasons was that I don't have to faff about buying and storing a second set of wheels/tyres. If you're going down the route of getting a second set of rims then wouldn't full winter tyres have made more sense?

Chrisrs buying these instead doent help when already got them, have got one at home and although they are listed as an all season they are designed as a proper winter tyre, plus cost also is a factor by the time i have purchased these and had them fitted i would be £100 worse off that will pay for a set of rims :rofl:

Chrisrs buying these instead doent help when already got them, have got one at home and although they are listed as an all season they are designed as a proper winter tyre, plus cost also is a factor by the time i have purchased these and had them fitted i would be £100 worse off that will pay for a set of rims :rofl:

So....Are you fitting them all year?

no am only going to use them as winters seen as 225/40 all seasons are an arm and a leg plus i dont think the wife would like 16" wheels on all year round on the vrs seen as she is the one driving it plus these are rated highly for use in winter. Delacroix i have pm'd you some contact info so i can have a look at your wheels :rofl:

I purchased a set of those for my Ford, £153.60 for four 185/64X14 including VAT and fitting.

Kleber Review

Kumho Review

Looking at both reviews there doesn't seem to be much difference between the Klebers and the 'proper winter tyres', that is apart from the price.

They were recommended to me by a tyre supplier that we frequently use and think that they are going to be good. If they'll be able to keep an old rear wheel drive car going, stopping and steering, which doesn't have a plethora of computers looking at your commands and translating them into getting the car driving, it's money saved.

I agree there does not seem to be a lot between the two considering one is an all season tyre at the end of the you have to go with what makes the best financial sense also these are going to be a lot better than summer tyres :rofl:

I got some of the Klebers sat on my 16" winter rims (Octy Mk1 vRS).

They have the official snow/winter marking on them, so although they are 'all season' they must have passed some offical test to be allowed to have the markings.

I am planning to run them from Oct - March. I hope they work well, some of the roads earlier this year were pretty slippery!