Removal of front bumper

Yiddo73

where are you living now?

my (german) superb has an option which is called "travel mode" (or something like that). if i activate it my lights switch to right hand drive mode. has an uk superb nothing like that?

if there is no such option, go to skodacommunity.de, i'm sure there is someone in your neighbourhood who can help you.

2fast4u and Harry thanks for your swift reply.....the car does have a travel mode but it only flattens out the angle of the beam and therefore won't pass any MOT equivelent out here. There are good if we were just visiting however aim to be in Germany for sometime and the only way I can do it is to change the headlights for European ones.

As pointed out by Yiddo73, travel mode is no substitute on a vehicle that needs to be registered in another EU country, rhe lights must be substituted for LHD ones. Also in Tourist mode the AFS system is disabled.

However, rather oddly you can bring a car into the UK from another EU country, register it and drive it with appropriate masks on the lights and pass a UK MOT with them on.

Hi there

It requires you to remove the front wheel archs & the bumper however Skoda de will do it for about 100 euros, it is well worth it. I did my last Superb myself and i wont do it for the next one (paid £80 for Griffin to do it before delivery)

Edited by rabmurray121

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm also in Germany and just did had to do this, this afternoon. If your quite mechanically savvy it involves undoing 18 bolts and some plastic clips to get the bumper off. I didn't have to take the wheel arches out to do it. I'm in Hohne if your local I may be able to help

Regards

Dave