knocking from front

rd123

My fabia is knocking quite badly from the front. I have changed the wishbones and all bushes to do with it, replaced droplinks and put on new track rod ends and it is still knocking. Just needing some help with what it could possibly be. I think it might be front suspension, i have done the bounce test and it seems to be coming to a rest when it should but does seem a bit spongy. Any help would be great thanks.

When i go over bumps sorry i should of said. It also makes a noise when i take off from lights etc when the car rises up when i accelarate. Thats what makes me think it might be suspension.

hi ive just picked up a fab and its the same but mainly when turning. everythings been changed and i can't find whats up. gonna spin spring see if its not sitting properly. like a ticking wen i turn right and a little left. also the 400 mile drive back kept tugging to left occasionally. sorry to bust ya thread dude but ive checked everything too and thinkin this could be last thing but i bet youve set yours right?

Knocking when accel/decel could be engine mounts, or suspension mount/bearings. If you're replaced everything else, it's all I can think of.

Could also potentially be gearbox mount I guess.

Edited by Chris Coates

i bet its the arb bushes m8, it can only be one of the following- consol bushes (front wishbone bushes) or rear dogbone mount.

drop links.

arb bushes.

shock top mount bearing (unlikely).

Trust me m8 my arb bushes looked fine (no play), but i changed them and knocking went !!

do the bushes i bet its them buddy.

Edited by nathan willard

Sounds very like what my car is doing I replaced all the bushings on the front arms with powerflex ones and it still makes a knocking noise on bumps. So I just ordered the arb ones I will let you know if this works once they arrive

I just fitted the arb bushes and there is no more harsh knock but I now have what sounds like a rattle coming from the front of the car. Fitting the arb bushes isn't to hard so would definitely try doing it my self if I was you.

I have managed to find out what some of the nocking might be caused by. The bracket that takes the bolt from the front of the wish bone has the threads stripped. So I am going to use a helicoil and see if that helps. I would of just got a new bracket but the other bolts that hold it in place are stuck solid so will be quicker just using a helicoil.

I just fitted the arb bushes and there is no more harsh knock but I now have what sounds like a rattle coming from the front of the car. Fitting the arb bushes isn't to hard so would definitely try doing it my self if I was you.

Rattling will probably be the drop links.