Bin & gon & dunnit

GEOFFL

Yes at long last yesterday I finally ordered my Snow Monster! :giggle:

Yeti Elegance 4x4 170ps Muscavado with Ghobi Leather + Heated Screen,TPM,Variable boot floor, Columbus Sat nav*

*Dealer checked with Skoda to see if they had any intention of offering Amundson Sat Nav as an option in the future but they said NO.

Keeping my options open in case they change their minds.

Dealer also checked re colour availability & had a list of about 6 that weren't availble which included Safari & Rosso.Didn't check the others but will ask when I next speak to him.

Also said he'll throw in a set of Mudflaps :clap:

He estimates delivery Feb/March (I assume 2012 but better check! :smirk: )

However Skoda told him to tell me not to expect it before January.

So just going to change my Profile!

Talk to you all later and Thanks to all for all the help,advice,guidance & suggestions.

GEOFFL :sun:

*Dealer checked with Skoda to see if they had any intention of offering Amundson Sat Nav as an option in the future but they said NO.

D

In my humble opinion the Columbus is the better of the 2 units.

Well done for ordering, just sit back and enjoy the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

If you don't mind spending the money there is no comparison between the two, the Columbus is a superb system. I have the VW equivalant RNS510, voice control, SD card reader, Hard Drive, 6.5''colour screen and a very good sat nav. Oh and it plays DVDs.

Yes at long last yesterday I finally ordered my Snow Monster! :giggle:

Yeti Elegance 4x4 170ps Muscavado with Ghobi Leather + Heated Screen,TPM,Variable boot floor, Columbus Sat nav*

Dealer also checked re colour availability & had a list of about 6 that weren't availble which included Safari & Rosso.Didn't check the others but will ask when I next speak to him.

Also said he'll throw in a set of Mudflaps :clap:

He estimates delivery Feb/March (I assume 2012 but better check! :smirk: )

However Skoda told him to tell me not to expect it before January.

So just going to change my Profile!

Talk to you all later and Thanks to all for all the help,advice,guidance & suggestions.

Congrats GEOFFL, I'll send you a pic of my Yeti so you can look at it while you wait for yours....... emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Good luck with the delivery date , I was quoted 26 weeks last April , finally turned into 10 MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ie Mid January / early Febuary , So gave up :thumbdown:

So if any one is thinking 170 Elegance , silver , onyx leather , heated screen , give Motorpint Dartford a call , cos there is a build slot week 2 2012

My candy white 170 Elegance was orderd in May ... currently up as build week 51, but it has been moving back and forward by a few weeks over the past month or so. I want it for March so not an issue, but if its early would take in ASAP in January.

My candy white 170 Elegance was orderd in May ... currently up as build week 51, but it has been moving back and forward by a few weeks over the past month or so. I want it for March so not an issue, but if its early would take in ASAP in January.

yeah but you want the velux fitted. Drove home from the airport with mine open tonight, gorgeous night for it and so glad I got it :thumbup:

I was actually surprised at how hard the yeti was to spot in the car park, it;s really not that much taller than a standard car really.

I was actually surprised at how hard the yeti was to spot in the car park, it;s really not that much taller than a standard car really.

define standard car.....Caterham 7, mini, VW Golf, 5 series, Zafira, Espace, Range Rover, white van man......emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

judging from the sales figures, a Golf is the 'standard' car, in which case the Yeti is taller by 2-300mm which is not an insignificant amount.

I do have to convince people that it is the same length as a Golf, as wide, just a little taller. Put your lovely monster beside a Disco and it looks like a toy emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Snap! Same spec ( almost) as me, so lets see who gets their first! Wife tempted to change from Moscavdo to white or Bronze....decisions...decisions! :)

Now we can't have 2 white elegances with Gobi interiors living close to each other can we.......emoticon-0140-rofl.gif Stick with the muddy looking colour emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

PS the monster looks best in white - according to TP, me and all us Candy White owners emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

define standard car.....Caterham 7, mini, VW Golf, 5 series, Zafira, Espace, Range Rover, white van man......emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

judging from the sales figures, a Golf is the 'standard' car, in which case the Yeti is taller by 2-300mm which is not an insignificant amount.

I do have to convince people that it is the same length as a Golf, as wide, just a little taller. Put your lovely monster beside a Disco and it looks like a toy emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

OK, I was wandering round the short stay car park at Edinburgh airport and was thinking that the yeti would be easy to spot as it would stand out above the standard euro boxes.....nope, everything sticking up was a big disco or a freelander. I was just surprised as I had assumed it stood a bit taller than the "average"

:smirk:

Congrats GEOFFL, I'll send you a pic of my Yeti so you can look at it while you wait for yours....... emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

OK,Stick the knife in, give it a twist,then rub salt in the wound - I can take it - (at the moment, 3 months down the road might be a different kettle of fish!)

GEOFFL

OK,Stick the knife in, give it a twist,then rub salt in the wound - I can take it - (at the moment, 3 months down the road might be a different kettle of fish!)

GEOFFL

if the wait gets too dire just buy a petrol one :giggle:

OK, I was wandering round the short stay car park at Edinburgh airport and was thinking that the yeti would be easy to spot as it would stand out above the standard euro boxes.....nope, everything sticking up was a big disco or a freelander. I was just surprised as I had assumed it stood a bit taller than the "average"

:smirk:

The Yeti is the first car ever that really changes shape I think! Sometimes I park it and as I walk back I think heck that thing is HUGE! It absolutely towers above other cars it is parked next against. I'd never in a million years have said it is Golf sized. Then (as you say) the next day a Range Rover or Disco parks next to it and it just looks TINY! I love that.

Here are a few where it just looks tiny:

imgp9993c.jpg

imgp7590.jpg

imgp7589.jpg

All good things come in small packages!

Nothing to do with Yeti's but anyone know why my signatures greyed out ?:think:

go into your signature and change the colour....it happened with an update a few moths ago.

Ta very muchly Rockhopper, easy when you know how (and why). Bloody Moths get everywhere, especially in my wallet, despite the mothballs to give it bulk!

He's too young (i.e. Briskoda member) to know about february without searching ....... but no excuse for that ......emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Oh I know! I was not expecting anyone to do a search for that! :giggle: I just linked that for reference.