engine flush

mark1

If the oil is changed often you shouldn't need to flush, I think flushing oil does more harm than good. On the subject of fuel cleaners i have always used Redex but Millers always gets a good write up.

Regarding fuel additives I can strongly recommend StarBrites StarTron. This formula contains over 30 bio derived enzymes which means they never enter into a chemical reaction but modify other chemical reactions = safe. StarTron breaks down large stale fuel molecules to smaller more combustible molecules. This gives you more power especially if you have old residual fuel, This also means it prevents carbon build up thus keeping injectors clean. The better preformance means better fuel economy. It also breaks down water molecules, preventing water phase separation caused by ethanol so the water can be easily vaporized and this also optimizes the fuel. Old gums and varnishes are also broken down. I will admit I sell this product but the reason I sell it is because I am a true believer. My wife's 10 year old Honda was more than overdue for a tune up. After adding StarTron the car (within a 1/2 hours drive) felt like a new car. We have had the same result in my snow blower and lawn mower. I have tried it in my 2010 170 TDI estate with DSG and the change was much more subtle. New cars don't have that much to improve upon. However after a few weeks of using StarTron I am almost sure the car is running better and is more economical. Perhaps the system is now cleaned up and running like a new car. But to be honest I wouldn't stake my life on it. It could just be a bias, but that, which happened with my wife car, is 100 accurate.I also have a friend who was having trouble with his lawn mower. He added StarTron w/o his wifes knowledge. He than asked how the lawn mower was running and she said "It is much smoother, did you do something"

Edited by carter48