SE Plus

splat

Has anyone got an SE Plus?

Could you confirm if the steering wheel / gear knob are leather or not?

Also, are the front seats the same as other Octavias? It seems to be the only one with ISOFIX in the front; can you feel this when sitting in the seat, and is the seat different in any other way?

Thanks!

Hi there

I got my SE plus a week ago now. The steering wheel & gearknob are indeed leather. The isofix isn't at all noticeable when seated in the passenger seat. I'm not sure how the seats are in comparison with other Octavias, but my last one was a vRS with full leather. Those seats had more side support, which will probably come as no surprise. SE plus spec is excellent so far and is very good VFM I reckon. Anything else I can help with then just ask. Cheers

• 1 year later...

hi mate,

iam looking to get an se plus Octavia, going from me 06 ambiente octy, all the other extras seem good, my question is about the sound quality, my old ambiente has killer sound which everyone likes, skoda dealer website say the SE plus has 4 speakers, does that mean the sound quality is less than the ambiente,

believe it or not the sound was 70% reason why I bought the previous octy.

cheers

hi mate,

iam looking to get an se pluys Octavia, going from me 06 ambiente octy, all the other extras seem good, my question is about the sound quality, my old ambiente has killer sound which everyone likes, skoda dealer website say the SE plus has 4 speakers, does that mean the sound quality is less than the ambiente,

believe it or not the sound was 70% reason why I bought the previous octy.

cheers

The SE+ has 8 speakers, same as the SE. The S and greenline II have 4. I had one for 12 months and the sound seemed ok to me playing the usual dad music

cheers, that's what I thought I being an upgrade on SE should have 8 speakers, my settings are bass heavy and the skoda audio system is in my view better for that then a few high end cars, anyhow will be going to test drive the motor today and will pop the update.

thanks again

No worries, the mfsw is a nice touch too. Being able to control volume and skip tracks on the SD card is really useful without taking your hands off the wheel. I personally don't miss the phone but I wish the manual vRS had a mfsw like the SE+ even if it's just to p*** the kids off being able to control the stereo while driving!

Ive actually been v impressed with the standard 8 speaker sound system on my Blackline; I wasnt actually expecting much from it as the 8 speaker system in my previous Fabia vRS TSi was woeful and the door speaker positions are v similar (in the front anyway) to the MK5 Golf which also was terrible; really wasnt expecting anything much from the cars acoustics.

However it really is rather good, lots of bass, clear sharp treble and only gets muddy if you turn it up way too much (which lets face it most car audio systems do anyway). Sound definitely on a par with the MK6 Golf system, if not a bit bassier which is more to my liking anyway.

Possibly the only slight negative I can throw at it, sometimes the sound can seem a tiny bit hollow, particularly in the mid bass range; best described as a very minor echo coming from within the door skin; IMO got to be down to a lack of sound deadening in the front doors; still hardly a deal breaker.

The Amundsen + IMO is probably also the pick of the ICE units for the MK2 Octavia; quick sat nav with great integration into the Maxidot (that probably isnt quite ao effective as a bang up to date TomTom or Garmin.....but then neither is the Columbus) and debateably has a better control system with the touchscreen slide function and the central control wheel. On the Blackline at least the addition of DAB radio and also Bluetooth (which cost me about 70 quid to code and install) means that functionality wise its about the best you can get without having to install GSM2/3 and a DAB reciever/VW RNS510 with the wrong button colour/splashscreen.

Gather the SE+ has GSM2 anyway but not sure if its possible to enable DAB on the HU variant installed in that car....i know some of them do without the built in Bluetooth and DAB.

Yes the vRS Blackline comes with DAB as standard. It also came to light that the Amundsen + fitted to the BL also had the Bluetooth module it just was coded out and the OEM mic hadnt been fitted; most BL owners on here have had the Bluetooth enabled with VCDS and have fitted the OEM mic and thus many BLs now have OEM bluetooth....is more or less a GSM2 unit but without voice control; get full maxidot and MFSW integration, pair upto 4 handsets and is fully A2DP compliant for BT streaming.

A great HU in my opinion.

I have to agree about being very impressed with the Amundsen+. Although I didn't get chance to fully explore the Columbus that was fitted to the fully specced sales dept vRS when I took that out, I do remember having a bit of a play with various settings and being distinctly unimpressed with the standard sound quality & bass coming from it. The Amundsen+ fitted to my BL is great for a factory fit system - almost on a par with my old Audi A6 which had an awesome sound.

.....sat in my car now listening to Maetrik live at Cocoon Ibiza and even on vol 8 its bassy as hell....best sound system ive had in a car for a while and the MK6 Golfs was v good

I wish I could get the DAB enabled on mine :envy:

Does it work well, driving in urban environments or out in the sticks, or do you get the dreaded audio bubbling mud?

Yeah it is pretty good actually, quality is fantastic and where I live (Oxfordshire) the coverage is actually suprisingly good. Something it does do which is quite clever if youre listening to a DAB station and it is also broadcasted on FM it will auto swap to the FM frequency until the DAB signal returns but yes you get a little bit of mud if no FM alternative but it does then mute until the signal returns. Its well worth having anyway but could see how it could frustrate someone in a v poor coverage area.

Edited by pipsyp