Timing Belt

Hi Guys

Im getting mixed messages from different dealerships with regards to the timing belt change intervals.

I have a 1.6 CR TDI. Looking at the Service Schedule(PAGE 8) book it says to replace toothed belt at 180,000 km. That works out at approx 110,000 miles. One garage has said 42,000 another has said 60,000 and another has said 74,000.

Can any one advise on this

Thanks

Hi Guys

Im getting mixed messages from different dealerships with regards to the timing belt change intervals.

I have a 1.6 CR TDI. Looking at the Service Schedule(PAGE 8) book it says to replace toothed belt at 180,000 km. That works out at approx 110,000 miles. One garage has said 42,000 another has said 60,000 and another has said 74,000.

Can any one advise on this

Thanks

Replace at 60k or 4 years whichever comes soonest was what I was told on my VRS. If it breaks, the costs involved far outweigh the cost of replacing it. Change the waterpump too and you should be looking about £350 from an indie.

No time limit post 2006, just mileage as detailed in your service book. If a dealer says 4 years, he is simply trying to make money out of you.