Heating problem?

kevvrs_130

Terrible rush of cold air coming up from the side of the front passenger seat. Happening more often now, any ideas? Coming into the winter now and it's very annoying. Oh I get like a clicking noise from around the glove box area on start up or when reversing(clicking sound only last a few seconds).

The clicking sounds like it could be the recirc flap (when you put a Fab into reverse, it automatically recircs to stop exhaust fumes entering the car). And yeah, I'd change your pollen filter if it's not been done for that long although I don't know how that could cause cold air to come up from the side of the seat...at least not one seat, I assume there's heat outlets underneath both seats so I'd expect it to come from both.

Actually, yeah. If by "side of the seat", you actually means "footwell in front of the seat" then it's probably the pollen filter cover. It's a bugger to attach when you don't know what you're doing, I spent 10 minutes upside down in my footwell in works car park trying to figure it out rather uncomfortably...

Bet the lid isn't on the pollen filter box properly...

Or missing, like mine was when I bought the car. :thumbup:

Ok, I'll check that out. Where exactly is it located? Any diagrams or pics anyone? What should I expect to pay for one?

Oh and yeah, I'd say it is coming from the footwell but feels like it's coming up from the side of the seat. Very chilly at times!!

Cheers

Pollen filter is about £8 from ECP. It's under the glovebox, there's two "catches" which slide forwards/back, then the filter holder pulls out down from behind the glovebox. Fit the new filter to the holder, slide it up and in, and then the catches re-attach to hold it in behind the glovebox.

Pollen filter is about £8 from ECP. It's under the glovebox, there's two "catches" which slide forwards/back, then the filter holder pulls out down from behind the glovebox. Fit the new filter to the holder, slide it up and in, and then the catches re-attach to hold it in behind the glovebox.

Ok, thanks a million.

I'll get onto this over the weekend and see if that sorts it!

If you remove the lid to relocate it,

line the footwell with a bin bag, newspaper or similar

as quite a lot of debris can fall out of there.

Leaves, dead insects and whatnot.

This way it's all caught by the bag.

I usually remove the filter,

then have a little hoover out in there to suck up any loose

rubbish, then refit filter, then lid. The lid can only go

on properly one way. If you have a clip missing then they

can be obtained from the main dealer for under a pound each.

There should be two slider clips.

If you remove the lid to relocate it,

line the footwell with a bin bag, newspaper or similar

as quite a lot of debris can fall out of there.

Leaves, dead insects and whatnot.

This way it's all caught by the bag.

I usually remove the filter,

then have a little hoover out in there to suck up any loose

rubbish, then refit filter, then lid. The lid can only go

on properly one way. If you have a clip missing then they

can be obtained from the main dealer for under a pound each.

There should be two slider clips.

Good on ya, thanks for that info :)