VRS BLUETOOTH ?

My mate has got an Octavia VRS. There is a feature within the radio menu 'PHONE'. Hes not sur if the car has bluetooth for his phone or not.I have tried pairing several phones but they cannot find anything.I thought it would be standard on the VRS, can anyone advise ?

Can you see Phone as an option on the Maxi dot display? If not, then the Bluetooth kit hasn't been installed. Also check under the drivers seat and see if there's a box of tricks with a large plug on it. That's the default location for the OEM bluetooth kit.

My mate has got an Octavia VRS. There is a feature within the radio menu 'PHONE'. Hes not sur if the car has bluetooth for his phone or not.I have tried pairing several phones but they cannot find anything.I thought it would be standard on the VRS, can anyone advise ?

The blue is not standard on the vRS in the UK and was only an option on DSG.

To check for certain, press the phone button on the bolero. If it mutes the radio there's no BT. If it says something like "No phone connected", then there is.

Plenty of threads on here about retro fits....

HTH

Nope, not standard on Octy VRS, bought a new one for the wife last September and it's only an option and only on the DSG at that, none DSG gets standard steering wheel without phone (or any other) controls. We queried with dealer, he queried with Skoda, end result was a no and amazement all round that you couldn't have it on a manual. End result was dealer paying cost of installing a Parrot kit as he accepted it was a bit of a **** up on Skodas part.

I have a Skoda Swing HU, and I connected by bury HF kit to the "phone in" on the Swing unit.

This allows the bury to mute the unit when making/receiveing calls, and the sound is heard through the stereo speakers, and volume can be controlled from the unit.

What I'm trying to say is that the "phone" option is standard on the swing, because it controls the "Phone-In" connection of the unit, which can be used for the OEM skoda BT, or (with proper connectors) any other Phone kit.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2011 Octavia estate and have discovered the same issue. Occasionally the phone options 'just disappear'.

I took the car back to the dealer and after the 3rd time have discovered how to restore the option, although there is a drawback;

Diagnostics on the car showed that the Bluetooth module was there and that phone pairing was enabled, however pressing the 'Phone' option on the head unit or searching for it from the dashboard didn’t show any option for it. The engineer performed a rudimentary reset on the system by performing the steps below:

1) Ensure that the Stereo is off when the engine is running or the ignition is on.

2) Switch the engine and ignition off (it makes no difference if you remove the key or not)

3) Disconnect the battery from the car for at least 15 seconds. This will ensure that the electronics in the car are entirely disconnected and not storing any charge etc.

4) Reconnect the battery and wait a few seconds before turning the ignition back on.

5) The phone option should again be present, however you’ll need to reset all of the system settings (speed warning, clock phone pairing etc…) That’s the drawback!

I haven’t been able to pinpoint what actually causes the loss of the option; however the dealership has reported the fault back to Skoda, so at some point they may get around to fixing the fault.

Some other details: I have a Columbus head unit with 4 phones paired including iPhone and Blackberry, but the unit doesn’t appear to be the standard Columbus unit with the SD card slot under the screen. I’m not sure if this is important, but it does seem to be a different model to those fitted to other cars. It looks like the one in the link below;

http://simonscarspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Skoda-Yeti-1-8-TSI-4x4-road-test-review-by-Oliver-Hammond-touchscreen-sat-nav-640x480.jpg

Some other details: I have a Columbus head unit with 4 phones paired including iPhone and Blackberry, but the unit doesn’t appear to be the standard Columbus unit with the SD card slot under the screen. I’m not sure if this is important, but it does seem to be a different model to those fitted to other cars. It looks like the one in the link below;

http://simonscarspot...nav-640x480.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-1-8-TSI-4x4-road-test-review-by-Oliver-Hammond-touchscreen-sat-nav-640x480.jpg

that picture clearly shows its an "Amundsen" unit.

its not a Columbus unit.

Edited by JR RS