Got me worried

DaveVR5

The other day i was on a bit of a mad one down a few roads by me, and then all of a sudden as i pulled off from some traffic i couldnt feel the turbo one bit.

is this because i had been giving it so much that it was spinning so much it wouldnt create any more? because i put some more petrol in and after leaving it off for a couple of minutes it was fine again.

also. although mine is standard, do i still need to leave the car running for a minute after driving it ? i know its not an after market turbo or anything but was wontdering if it was needed?

thanks.

The other day i was on a bit of a mad one down a few roads by me, and then all of a sudden as i pulled off from some traffic i couldnt feel the turbo one bit.

is this because i had been giving it so much that it was spinning so much it wouldnt create any more? because i put some more petrol in and after leaving it off for a couple of minutes it was fine again.

also. although mine is standard, do i still need to leave the car running for a minute after driving it ? i know its not an after market turbo or anything but was wontdering if it was needed?

thanks.

dont know mate happened to me last week in the morning

my boost gauge would not go over 5psi and felt the same no turbo at all

went in the shop and was fine after that

and been ok ever since

never found out what it was

i always let mine warm up before booting it and leave it about 2mins before turning off

mines mapped but best to anyway

nice to see other locals on here

Get your cars scanned for codes, as both of your cars have gone into limp mode so there will be a code stored. Recycling the ignition will pull the car out of limp.

I've owned many VAG 1.8T's & have never bothered leaving the engine at idle before turning off. However I've always let the car get up to normal operating temp before going into boost.

okay cheers guys. what is the most psi you can run off these turbos? and also what turbo off other cars would be ideal for the vrs?

I've got mine remaped and its running around 21-22 PSI. I really wouldnt want to go any higher then that