FMDV008

JACKO77

Hi,

Quite new to the site but just had a few questions.

I have recently purchased the FMDV008 from Forge Motorsport, after having fitted it yesterday, along with replacing the 'Y' piece pipe which comes off the engine block as it had split, i havn't noticed a massive increase in noise or if any in fact compared that to the OEM part. I have watched video's on here and youtube of other Octavia's that have the 007 fitted and the noise is imense. Is this because those cars have a cold air feed/induction kit?

At the moment! i am running everything standard, apart now from the fmdv008.

Never owned a turbo car before as I sold my previous car which was a Fiesta ST with 227bhp before the nipper came along so boot space was needed. However im starting to get the 'bug' again!!

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

The 007 diverts air in the same way as the stock valve does so won't make any different noises. Valves that dump to atmosphere make lots of noise. A CAI will sound louder as it isn't designed to be quiet like the stock intake is.

I have a jabbasport induction kit on mine, it uses a jetex cone filter,

It takes abit of getting use to as it sounds like its trying to suck glove box into engine bay. Especially when you get car remapped,

Oh and im still running standard diverter valve

Can people please give me their thoughts on CAI's which to look at which to avoid?

Price isnt reall a issue.

Thanks

Down to personal preference really, K&N, Pipercross, ABD, Carbonio, to name a few, some peeps buy the cheap E-Bay pipes and change the filter for a known branded one.

Has anyone got any photo's of their ebay CAI's that they can post?

Also trying to look for a fitting guide on here but the one I have found by searching 'bowders1' the pictures are no longer available? Can someone point me in the right direction please!

Much appreciated

Right,

CAI been covered hundreds of times mate.

the Ebay CAI pipes are 65mm same as the MAF, ones to go for are

ABD £££

Carbonio £££

Ebay special ££

K&N universal Filter of what ever dimentions you like that will fit.

Green Cotton

others are out there but I personally like the K&N.

STAY AWAY from any kit that has the filter in the engine bay on the end of the MAF, unless like the Jabba one they supply a surround that keeps the filter sealed off from the bay.

My Ebay one after some extra work :)

IMG00057-20100908-1454.jpg

IMG00055-20100908-1453.jpg

IMG00058-20100908-1454.jpg

How it would look out the box

HPIM0839.jpg

HPIM0835.jpg

HPIM0837.jpg

HPIM0838.jpg

As you can see the std one looks pap imo and it marks easy. I went for the paint and new silicone pipes off ebay to neeten it up and make it look like it belongs there instead of out and out aftermarket. Ive since gone back to the black IC - TB pipe too.

hth

billy

:thumbup:

edit

destructions come with the CAI or should.

Billy many thanks for that. :thumbup:

It looks pretty straight forward tbh how ever there were no destructions in the box hence the reason i needed to see a pic.

the only thing thats confusing me now is i have the following bits left over which i cannot see anywhere on your pics?? Im guessing as you have the same kit you would of had these too? :doh:

1) a small filter

2) 2 nuts, 3 washers and a black thing with 2 threads on each end?

Would post pics but work comp wont allow me to plug my phone into the usb drives.

Hope the above makes sense.

Cheers

filter is no use

the other thing goes in one of the holes near where the battery tray sits.

IMG00035-20100812-2032.jpg

it then holds the CAI pipe on the bracket on the LHS of the pic near my army veterans pin.

Protect it well too mate as in about 2 weeks it will be corroded and getting it off is a pain. I drilled the rubber part through and used one long bolt instead and its spot on.

there is only one hole it will line up with so its just a case of lineing it all up up top and seeing.